Tough guy

Chris and I had met a year ago, and ever since then we have been talking, seeing where things would go but about 5 months ago, he asked me to be his girlfriend and of course I said yes.

I  knew his brother Matt had been in a tough guy phase, though his other brother Nick was nothing like that and neither was their older brother Justin.

Chris had been acting different lately, he has been acting like Matt, Tough and hard to read, usually I could read him like a book but lately it had become more difficult. I wasn't enjoying it.

I walked into the triplet's house, I took of my shoes at the front door and saw Nick on the couch editing "he's in his room" he said before I could even ask "you know, I like hanging out with all of you" I laughed "yes I know but I also know you spend half your time with Chris" he replied glancing at me every few seconds as he spoke, I just laughed and walked to Chris's room, I wouldn't have come over today because I had things to do but I wanted to talk to Chris about this whole tough guy thing because the truth is, he acts all tough and nonchalant and I hate that, like I want you to show you care about me, I don't wanna see that you don't care. Though I loved Chris, I hated the way he was acting.

I knocked on his door, even though we were dating, I still wanted to respect his privacy. "Come in" I heard Chris yell, I walked in his room and a small smile creeped onto his face "hey" he said glancing up from his phone "hey" I replied sitting on his bed "I wanna talk" his face immediately dropped and his phone was no longer in his hands, he looked nervous "about what?" He asked "about this whole nonchalant, tough guy thing" I said fiddling with my hands "I don't understand why you feel like you need to be all tough guy, especially around loved ones, I don't understand where it came from, like I know you got it from Matt but Matt never acted nonchalant with people, he still showed he cared for them and was there for them, but you Chris, you've changed, you act like you don't care and I'm honestly concerned but I'm also just over it" I ranted on and on about it, telling him how I truly felt made me feel relieved.

His eyes had looked glossy, but he remained with a straight face, "y/n I'm sorry, I didn't realize, well I knew I was acting tough and shit but but I didn't know it made you feel this way, or anyone else, but if that's how you feel then I'll drop the tough guy shit" I didn't realize that just a small talking to would fix our issue, but I was glad that's all it took.

"Thank you Chris" I smiled "anything for you
Y/n" he said grabbing hands and separating them from eachother only to hold them in his own