Wander

(2012 you guys are 8-9)

"Come on let's go" I said signaling the three boys to follow me, "no way y/n, the woods are creepy" Nick said "not when it's light out" I replied stepping on small twigs "just come on" I said walking into the wood line, none of it was creepy, in fact it was beautiful, the way the sun shined down through the tree's and gave plenty of light to see where we were going "we're coming" Chris laughed as they ran to catch up.

"Guys look" I pointed to a small open area with a tree that hung down just perfectly to sit, "don't go over there what are you doing" Matt said holding arm "why not, nobody's here, its summer, hot and we're in the woods" I said shrugging st the fact that Matt didn't want me to go over to the small area, "who cares, let's go anyway" I ran over to the tree and hopped on it, the branch seemed to be old as it bounced like a rope every time you jumped on it.

"Let's go find another place" Chris suggested pulling me off the tree "ok" I replied with excitement to see where he would take us.

We ran through the woods and laughed the whole way, it felt like our laughs echoed through the woods.

We kept walking and eventually stopped by a open area to a lake by a road "where are we?" Nick asked "Oh I know, my friend Kate lives down that road, I know how to get home" I said pointing to the road not far from where we stood "guys look at the sun" Matt pointed out "woah" we said in unison, we all sat there as cars passed by every so often and looked at the sun which had started to slightly set, I felt something grab my hand, when I looked over I saw Chris with a smile, I smiled back at him. Chris and I had liked each other and always held hands or gave small kisses on the cheek. Our parents thought it was cute.

"let's go guys, before it gets dark" I said still holding onto Chris, we all walked on the sidewalk and admired the sunset, "I'm thirsty, y/n can I have the juice when we get home" Nick said with his hand on his forehead "yeah" I smiled, my hand still in Chris's, we all skipped on the sidewalk as we reached my road "I wanna go to the apartment complex tomorrow" I said "me too, they have a pool" Matt said jumping and skipping "guys shhh, we cant say where we went today" I said letting go of Chris and turning around fast, putting my finger over my mouth, "ok" they said dragging out the k.

When we got to my house we went inside sitting on the cold tile floors against the cabinets drinking the lemonade and juice I attempted to pour, "I'm gonna marry Chris one day" I laughed, "ewww" Nick and Matt exaggerated.

(Time skip)
"When I was 8, I said I was going to marry you one day, and now here I am keeping my word" I said giving Chris a small kiss and fixing his tie.

We were now at the after party of our own wedding, we were enjoying our time as a newly wedded couple "I'm glad you kept your promise y/n because I couldn't imagine growing old with another girl" he said kissing me softly "I'm glad I kelt my word too, because now I get to finally be honest and say your my husband, man I love you" I said giving him a tight hug "I love you too he laughed hugging me back.

I was glad to be marrying the man of my dreams.