𝔐𝔶 𝔖𝔴𝔢𝔢𝔱 𝔓𝔯𝔦𝔫𝔠𝔢

Lilith's reflection stared back at her from the mirror, her gaze reflecting the unease in her soul. Her mother's hands deftly weaved her hair into an elegant bun, leaving stray strands of hair that framed her face.

Her dress draped elegantly around her form, its rich velvet fabric cascading in luxurious folds to the floor. The deep hue matched the color of her hair and the off-the-shoulder design accentuated her neckline, drawing attention to the delicate curve of her collarbones, while the cinched waist emphasized her figure.

As she stood before the mirror, her hands moved in a nervous dance, smoothing out any imperfections in the fabric with painstaking precision. Despite her efforts, a swarm buzzed in her stomach, wings beating against her ribcage in a frantic rhythm.

Her mother's presence behind her brought a sense of calm amidst the storm of emotions, her gentle hands moving with practiced ease as she fastened the choker around Lilith's neck.

Turning to face her mother, Lilith met her gaze with apprehension, her heart pounding in her chest as she prepared to step into the unknown. With a deep breath, she summoned her courage, steeling herself for the challenges that lay ahead.

Donna's smile, though strained, attempted to convey a sense of reassurance, but Lilith's heart refused to heed the gesture. Instead, it plummeted into her stomach like a stone, the thunderous rhythm of her pulse drowning out any semblance of calm. With a nod that felt more like acquiescence to her impending fate, she suppressed the urge to succumb to the rising tide of fear threatening to overwhelm her.

As Donna's hand brushed against her cheek, Lilith drew a shaky breath, her chest tight with apprehension. The sleek, obsidian door loomed before her, a portal to how her destiny would play out. With hesitant steps, she followed her mother into the corridor beyond, the cool darkness enveloping her like a suffocating embrace.

Emerging into the vast chamber beyond, Lilith's breath caught in her throat at the sight that greeted her. The ceilings soared overhead, an expanse of darkness punctuated by the flicker of torches that cast shadows across the polished marble floors. Lilith's gaze swept over the ornate tapestries that adorned the walls, depicting scenes of ancient battles and infernal conquests. Each step forward felt like a descent into madness.

Lilith couldn't help but marvel at the sinister grandeur of her surroundings. In the heart of hell itself, amidst the shadows and the whispers of the damned, she found herself strangely captivated by the twisted beauty that surrounded her. Their footsteps echoed through the cavernous chamber, the sharp clicks of her heels reverberating against the polished marble floors with a haunting rhythm.

As they traversed the corridor, Lilith's gaze was drawn to the towering archways that punctuated the walls, offering fleeting glimpses of the hellscape beyond. Through the awning portals, she caught sight of the infernal landscape, a nightmare realm bathed in the sickly glow of orange skies and choked with billowing clouds of smoke. Faint echoes of anguished cries and tortured wails drifted in the air.

Lilith's eyes were drawn inexorably to the imposing throne that loomed at the apex of a sweeping staircase, a grim testament to the power that held sway over her family. Her gaze trailed upward, feeling as though she had stepped into a gothic rendition of the Sistine Chapel.

As they approached the towering doors adorned with intricate golden carvings, her mother paused. Lilith drew up beside her, her breath catching in her throat as she sensed the weight of the moment pressing down upon them. Donna's hand sought hers and with a gentle squeeze, she conveyed a wordless reassurance.

With a sense of inevitability, the doors swung open before them. Lilith immediately sought out Michael, who sat at the head of the table. He was dressed in a meticulously tailored black suit that hugged his form with elegant precision while his fingers drummed restlessly against the smooth surface of the table.