╠40╣

Azura sat on Leon's back as they walked towards the ape king's palace . She decided to take Noah with them as the guy had a lot of trust issues . Even more than azura in her previous life .

The ride towards there was almost silent until Noah decided to break it .

" so , love , you remember what I said right ? "
Noah said and azura nodded .

" no need to drink it , even if someone tells me to "
Azura said giggling and Noah nodded satisfied with her answer .

Azura wondered that if Parker and QingQing were in the city of beasts then why didn't Parker even contact her to infrom her about this ?

The hyperactive leopard would surely come bounding over to her, brimming with excitement as he announced his return to the city. Meanwhile, the drama involving QingQing being kidnapped by a feral creature hadn't occurred either. If Parker was indeed in the city, Azura was confident that her mother would definitely inform her, or perhaps it would be Parker himself who would reach out.

Azura found herself contemplating whether she had twisted the storyline a bit too much by removing two of QingQing’s potential partners. But did she feel any regret about it? Absolutely not!

If she had been brought into this world by some unknown force, then that entity should have anticipated that the narrative was bound to shift. Azura firmly believed that the void left by QingQing’s missing suitors would inevitably be filled by someone else—someone who was worthy and suitable to be in her life. She had complete faith in that notion.

"Darling, I think it’s best if I wait here outside. You should go in with Noah," Leon suggested as they approached the entrance of the ape king’s grand palace.

With a gentle touch, Noah assisted her as she dismounted, and Leon discreetly shifted back into his human form in a secluded area of the woods, ensuring his transformation remained hidden.

"I understand! I promise I won’t take long!" Azura replied, planting a quick kiss on Leon’s cheek before stepping through the palace doors along with Noah.

Leon couldn’t help but shoot glances at the throng of single men who were eyeing Azura with an unsettling intensity, their gazes laced with predatory intrigue. His protective instincts flared up as he took note of their unwarranted attention towards her.

Leon was so sure that if Asher was here with them then he'd be throwing big insults at every man who dared to look in azura's way to the point everyone's ears would start bleeding .

Azura stepped into the palace and immediately noticed a crowd of women chatting animatedly among themselves, while their male counterparts lined up to receive some sort of drink being dispensed.

“I guess you can take a seat over there, away from the other females, while I grab you a drink,” Noah suggested, gesturing to a quieter spot with fewer women. He understood her well—Azura preferred her own company and found it difficult to connect with the other females. They never seemed to be genuine friends and often ended up gossiping about one another. Noah leaned in and gave her a quick kiss on the forehead before helping her settle into a comfortable seat, and then he headed for the line.

What a true gentleman he was.

Azura nodded in agreement, appreciating how well he understood her needs. Her eyes wandered around the bustling area filled with women. Normally, she would do anything to avoid being here, but Noah was eager to learn about the drink's origins. Unfortunately, Azura didn't have any information about it from the novel—she must have skimmed over that part. Reluctantly, she decided to tag along, telling herself she’d just watch things unfold from a distance. But, deep down, she knew better. Bai QingQing would likely recognize her as Parker's sister and draw her into the fray, or Parker would call out her name until she couldn't ignore him.

Why did she have to be born as his sister?

Maybe she could find a way to avoid the spotlight entirely.

She looked around and found many pregnant females there , her hands then unconsciously caressed her stomach, she was going to be a mother soon , mother of a lovely little baby girl . She could feel her child growing ,

She sighed at those thoughts, she was so lost in her own wonderland that she didn't notice someone approaching her . Who was it ?

It was the one and only Bai QingQing!!!!

" Hello azura ! "
QingQing practically beamed as she waved her hand in front of azura that caused her to snap put of her private little bubble .

" hi ! "
Azura said nervously , wondering how come she managed to get into situations that she tries to avoid.

So all her assumptions were true ?

" how have you been , Parker has been really excited on meeting you here ! "
QingQing said as she took a seat beside azura .

Azura was surprised at that one .

" oh really ? And ...... "
Azura's eyes fell on someone who was standing at QingQing's side .

She looked at him to find that it was a hwak beastman ! What was his name again ? Yes ! It was Muir.

How did he meet her if she didn't get kidnapped ?

Well that was not azura's concern right ?

" I see , you found yourself another male ?"
Azura asked and QingQing nodded at her words .

" I thought a lot about your words that day and realised that you were correct,"
QingQing said smiling.

Too bright.

Honestly-

That day ? Azura was glad that QingQing considered taking men in her harem, it would make things easier for her brother. Wait ? Why was she being so kind to him again?

And talking about Parker? Where was that dude ?

" QingQing where is Parker? Why didn't you contact me when you guys moved here ? "
Azura asked curiously.

" ah , Parker is training at the camel's hump village , he wants to get his third stripe badly before he comes back here, he often does visit us , I really want him to stay with us but he refuses ."
QingQing sighed , she genuinely sounded sad .

What was with Parker being like this ?
Wait so Muir was the only protection QingQing had ? No , this was not going to work! Was QingQing always this dumb , there's no way that muir alone could protect her. Also. Did Parker hit his head somewhere,  how come he got so............... smart and considerate?

" so he is the only male you have ? "
Azura asked .

QingQing shook her head .
" I have a wolf beastman too , he's in the line and my snake beastman is in hibernation. "
Ah , so she wasn't alone ? That's a relief! The number of males were surely more compared to the novel but who cares ? As long as her brother's work is done- nah , not him again .

No wonder Parker was assured of QingQing's safety , all of her males were triple marked and muir was strong too , so he technically was not in the city so of course he didn't call out to azura .