Chapter 33

_ . _

Chapter 33

Upon waking up, Samael felt his body ache all over as he slowly opened his eyes and stood up from the bed. He looked down and saw Erochthonius still in a deep sleep beside him. Samael cursed under his breath and stood up, walking towards the mirror.

As he stood in front of the mirror, he noticed red marks all over his body. Even the slightest touch inflicted a stinging pain, but it was bearable. Samael groaned and searched through the cabinets, muttering to himself, "Where's that damn ointment?"

"What the matter?" Samael glanced at the bed and saw the young king slowly rise from the bed, his head turning in his direction. "What are you searching for there?"

"Find the ointment for me," Samael ordered him as he sat down in the chair, slightly groaning from the stinging pain.

"Why didn't you call for the maids?" Erichthonius replied, his face half-sleeping.

"Are you crazy, Erich?" Samael replied in sarcasm. "Those servants will see my body like this; besides, I'm bare-naked."

Erichthonius sighed and stood up, walking towards a particular small golden dresser and pulling it open, grabbing the small white container, which seemed to be an ointment. He shifted his gaze at Samael, whose brows were deeply frowning. "I apologize," the young king said in a soft voice. "It seems that I wasn't able to control myself last night."

"Yeah, right," Samael replied sarcastically. "My body must be that sweet for you to gobble it up. If not for our bodies becoming one, you would've completely devoured me like some rabid dog."

"....."

The young king approached Samael quietly and kneeled beside him. He began applying ointment to the marks on Samael's body, looking downcast as if he were a scolded puppy. Samael reclined in his chair and allowed Erichthonius to tend to his wounds. He gazed up at the ceiling, lost in thought.

Let's see... As for Cupid, I'll let him stay inside the dimension for now. There are so many questions I need to ask Apollo, but I also need to go to Demeter to ask about her daughter. Though I know where the entrance to the underworld is, I'm not completely sure if we're welcome to go inside. It's too dangerous to act recklessly. I can't have Erich in danger because of me. I can't also act alone. I'm not that confident in myself that everything will turn out the way I want it to.

Samael heaved a heavy breath and murmured to himself, "I guess Apollo comes first." I must hurry up and do something about my curse. Then again, I can't be too hasty because something might go wrong. Fuck this; I don't know what the right thing to do is anymore. I guess I'll just do it my way then.

Erichthonius lifted his gaze on him and asked, "Do you have somewhere to go?"

Samael stared back at him and replied, "Yeah, I do."

The young king was silent for a while, looking hesitant. Samael stared at him in slight bewilderment. Soon after, he heard a sound reverberating inside his ear. It was as if the words he heard were so vivid that he couldn't help but think they were real.

'I love you.'

Samael's brows twitched, averting his gaze at the young king. What the hell was that? He was fixated on his thoughts and was taken aback when he heard Erichthonius speaking. "I see."

"Pardon?" Samael replied.

The young king stood up, fixing his disheveled robe as he replied. "I won't be coming with you today. I have something to do."