Chapter 6: Rekindling Connections

If you like your coffee hot, Let me be your coffee pot 

As Mi-hi and Yoongi made their way towards the parking lot, the tension between them was palpable, overshadowing the pleasant atmosphere of the day

As Mi-hi and Yoongi made their way towards the parking lot, the tension between them was palpable, overshadowing the pleasant atmosphere of the day. Mi-hi offered a polite goodbye, expressing her gratitude for the coffee, but Yoongi's demeanor remained cool and distant.

Unable to ignore the unease that hung in the air, Mi-hi took a deep breath, mustering the courage to address the elephant in the room. "Sir, is everything okay?" she asked, her voice tinged with concern.

Yoongi hesitated for a moment before speaking, his tone guarded. "I just want to know why you threw away the coffee I got for you," he said, his voice laced with bitterness.

Mi-hi felt a pang of guilt wash over her as she realized the impact of her actions. "Oh, I'm so sorry," she exclaimed, her cheeks flushing with embarrassment. "I didn't mean to offend you."

Yoongi raised an eyebrow, his expression skeptical. "Then why did you throw it away? And why are you thanking me if you didn't even want it?" he pressed, his frustration bubbling to the surface.

Mi-hi took a deep breath, gathering her thoughts before responding. "The truth is, Sir, I can't have coffee. It doesn't agree with me and tends to give me terrible stomachaches," she confessed, her voice tinged with regret.

Yoongi's expression softened as he listened to her explanation, a sense of understanding dawning in his eyes. "I had no idea," he admitted, his tone apologetic. "I just assumed you didn't like it."

Mi-hi shook her head, a small smile playing at the corners of her lips. "It's okay. I should have said something earlier," she replied, relieved to have cleared the air between them.

As the tension eased between them, Yoongi's demeanor softened, his expression reflecting a genuine desire to make amends. "Listen, Mi-hi, I know things got a bit awkward back there, but how about we grab a bite to eat together? My treat," he suggested, his tone earnest.

Mi-hi hesitated for a moment, her mind racing with conflicting emotions. Despite the lingering awkwardness of their interaction, a part of her couldn't deny the allure of spending more time with Yoongi.

After a moment of consideration, Mi-hi offered a tentative smile. "Sure, Sir. I'd like that," she replied, her voice tinged with a hint of nervousness.

-

Mihi nervously smoothed out her dress as she sat across from Yoongi in the upscale diner near their office. Twelve years had passed since they last saw each other, yet the awkward tension between them lingered like an unwelcome guest.

Despite the passage of time, Mihi's heart still raced at the sight of Yoongi. He was as charming as she remembered, his presence stirring up a whirlwind of emotions she thought she had buried long ago.