Chapter 11: Whispers of the Heart

Save your tears, it'll be okay

All I know is you're here with me

After nearly two weeks, Mihi's grandfather was admitted to the hospital due to worsening health

After nearly two weeks, Mihi's grandfather was admitted to the hospital due to worsening health. Despite the best efforts of the medical staff, his condition did not improve, and after a prolonged stay of ten days, he was discharged home.

However, his health continued to deteriorate over the following months. Despite the family's hopes for his recovery, Mihi's grandfather passed away eleven months later, leaving a profound void in their lives.

As the first rays of morning sunlight filtered through the curtains, Mihi stirred from her sleep, the sound of Hamin's voice calling out to her pulling her from the depths of slumber. With a sense of urgency, she quickly roused herself, her heart pounding with concern as she hurried to her son's side.

"Hamin, sweetheart, are you okay?" Mihi's voice was filled with worry as she checked him over for any signs of distress or discomfort. Relief washed over her as she found him awake and alert, although his words about hunger raised a new alarm in her mind.

Casting aside her own fatigue, Mihi sprang into action, her maternal instincts kicking into high gear as she assessed Hamin's condition. Satisfied that he was stable for the moment, she reached for her phone, her fingers trembling slightly as she dialed the doctor's number.

"Hello, this is Mihi," she said, her voice steady despite the turmoil churning within her. "I'm calling about Hamin. He has woken up, could you please come and check."

Mihi's heart soared with relief as the doctor reassured her that Hamin was indeed fine and could be discharged. The tension that had been coiled tightly within her chest began to dissipate, replaced by a profound sense of gratitude and gratitude.

"Thank you, doctor," Mihi said, her voice trembling slightly with emotion. "I was so worried. I'm just glad he's okay."

As the doctor left to prepare the discharge paperwork, Mihi turned her attention back to Hamin, a warm smile spreading across her face. "See, sweetheart? Everything's going to be okay," she said softly, reaching out to tousle his hair affectionately.

With a sense of profound gratitude, Mihi gathered their belongings and prepared to take Hamin home.

-

The following day, after a restful night at home, Mihi made the decision to take Hamin to her parent's home. It was a difficult choice, but with her responsibilities at work looming over her, she knew it was the best option for both of them.

As she arrived at her parent's doorstep, Mihi was greeted with a mixture of warmth and judgment. Her mother's eyes narrowed as she looked over Hamin, her lips pressed into a thin line of disapproval.

"Mihi, dear, shouldn't you be taking better care of him yourself?" her mother chided, her tone laced with criticism. "He's your son, after all."

Mihi's heart sank at her mother's words, the familiar sting of judgment cutting deep. "I'm doing the best I can, Mother," she replied, her voice tinged with frustration. "But I have to work, and I can't always be there for him."