Chapter 7: Veiled Secrets

Dear Lord, when I get to Heaven
Please let me bring my man

As CEO Min strode into the conference room, the atmosphere was tense, with an air of anticipation hanging thick in the air

As CEO Min strode into the conference room, the atmosphere was tense, with an air of anticipation hanging thick in the air. But instead of the usual bustling energy, the room fell silent as everyone's attention turned towards the door.

Mihi's absence didn't go unnoticed, and whispers of concern rippled through the room as her colleagues exchanged worried glances. They knew she was meant to lead the discussion on a crucial case, and her sudden departure left them feeling uneasy.

"Where's Ms. Na?" CEO Min's voice cut through the silence like a knife, his tone firm and demanding.

A few hesitant murmurs filled the room as Mihi's colleagues exchanged nervous looks, unsure of how to respond. They knew they would have to explain her absence, but the thought of facing CEO Min's wrath loomed over them like a dark cloud.

Just as the tension threatened to become unbearable, the door creaked open, and Mihi's department boss entered, his expression grave. All eyes turned towards him, awaiting an explanation for Mihi's sudden departure.

Yoongi's heart skipped a beat as the name "Mrs. Na" slipped from his coworker's lips, the words ringing in his ears like an echo from a distant past. 

A myriad of questions swirled in his mind, each one more urgent than the last. When did she get married? Who was this mysterious Mr. Na? And most importantly, why hadn't she told him?

But despite the whirlwind of emotions raging within him, Yoongi forced himself to maintain a facade of calm. 

"CEO Min," he began, his voice tinged with urgency, "I regret to inform you that Mrs. Na had to leave the meeting due to a family emergency. Her son has been injured and was rushed to the hospital." 

What? She has a son, now this is getting too much. He thought. Externally, he kept his expression neutral, his features carefully schooled into a mask of composure. But inside, a storm raged on, his thoughts a tangled mess of regret, confusion.

Closing the door to his office behind him, Yoongi found himself alone with his thoughts, the weight of the recent revelation still heavy on his mind. He paced back and forth, his footsteps echoing in the empty room as he struggled to make sense of the whirlwind of emotions that threatened to consume him.

"Mrs. Na... married," he muttered to himself, the words feeling foreign on his tongue. "How did I not know?"

His mind raced with memories of the past – of Mihi's laughter, her bright smile, the warmth of her presence all over the corridors of the school. But now, faced with the reality of her married life, Yoongi couldn't help but feel a pang of regret for all the moments they had lost.

"Mihi... Mrs. Na..." he muttered to himself, his thoughts a jumble of confusion and regret.

Just then, his phone rang, jolting him out of his reverie. Glancing at the caller ID, he saw that it was Seokjin, one of his closest friends and a trusted confidant.