Chapter 60 - Russian asshole

He had gotten impatient with the child. She was almost one month old and had not yet been discharged from the hospital.

Hunter was unreliable. The man trembled like bamboo whenever the child was referred during conversations. Ever since he learned of Sage's identity, the coward pussy sweated bullets just from hearing her name.

"Кто стучит в мою дверь в это время? ИГОРЬ! (Who is knocking on my door at this time? IGOR!)"

"Я иду, мама! (I'm coming, mother!)" He snarled from his bedroom at his mother's house and stumped out of his room to open the door before the woman got up and bashed someone's head in with her cane.

"Если пришло время идти стучать в чью-то дверь! (As if this is time to go knock on someone's door!)" The old woman snapped from her dimly lit bedroom.

The professional he contracted to extract Blaze was at the door. His short and thin frame should have made him unsuspicious to others. He looked too bland for people to suspect that he does what he does for a living.

Igor looked him up and down for a second, and upon not finding a baby carrier with him, he knew the man had failed. He closed the door behind him with a bang and grabbed the man by the neck before the other could react.

"Where is my daughter?!" His Russian assent came out strong on the 'daughter', and his grip tightened on the frail neck in his hand.

"I had to flee. The bodyguards topped me." Igor's eyes almost bulged out of their sockets with his fury. His veins were throbbing in his forehead and arms with the desire to crush the assassin's neck between his fingers.

Since his last report, Igor went back to training his body to match the image of the man he created for his name. His body was now muscled, and he was finally fit to stand beside Sage. Together, they would make a good pair. They could be the most powerful couple on the continent with their little princess, but she was stubborn. He knew she wouldn't accept him, so petty revenge was all he had left.

But the fucking assassin couldn't even do his job right!

"Казимир, проверь, кто у двери. (Kazimir, check who's at the door.)" He heard his mother's rough voice faintly command from inside the house.

Fucking witch can't keep her nose out of my business! Using my son to spy on me. And the bastard still does what she tells him. Little bitch.

"I should kill you for your incompetence!" The man tried to fight him. He was skilled for his size, but Igor was stronger. Due to that, he simply bashed the man's head against the house's wall and watched the haziness start clouding his victim, diminishing his fighting hazard.

"Report." He ordered Hunter through the phone and waited for the man to finish typing his answer. He couldn't stand the other party's voice nowadays. When he heard Hunter's shrill, squeaky voice, the urge to kill him almost overcame him. But Hunter was still useful. So he couldn't kill him yet.

'He killed one of the miss's bodyguards to escape.'

"Really?" Igor couldn't help but muse out loud.

Sage must be possessed.

He subconsciously tightened his grip on the assassin's neck, making the man turn purple. However, upon this news, he dropped the man like dirt and threw him a wand of cash.

"Twenty thousand. You fail again, and I'll gift your head to my mother for her to use as a door jamb."

More like a bashing stone...