Chapter 1 (Beginning)

NGL everyone. The first, like, five chapters are not that good in my opinion. Especially this chapter. Feel free to just skip this one or maybe until you get to chapter 6. That's where all the interesting stuff happens. 😉 Good luck!

-------------

Sup. My name is Rajier Pento. Pronounced as R-eye-j-ear Pen-toe. I'm from America and I love basketball. I'm a sort of complicated person on the Serin High school basketball team. I play basketball, but Serin doesn't have a girls basketball team, so I kinda joined the boys team.

I say kinda because I don't actually play in games. See here's the thing. I only play basketball in practice. I do the drills and the conditioning, but I just don't play in games because, well...I'm a girl. So while the guys play in games I play manager, and sit right next to Riko. Our coach. I give the guys water, massages, tape, whatever they need.

I love the guys, they're like my second family. Okay, now that you know my role, let's start from the beginning.

—-

Entrance Ceremony

I was walking around with Kuroko while he was reading his book. We were heading to the basketball club passing by everyone. No one even noticed Kuroko, but everyone was staring me down. I was pretty used to it by now though. I've been getting stared down for my whole life for being so pretty. It's my mom's fault.

"Hey, Kuroko? Do you really think they're gonna have a girls basketball team?" I asked. "To be honest, I don't." "You didn't have to say it so bluntly. Well, anyway, I hope they do." I said, staring into the sky as the wind blew my long black hair.

We made it to the basketball club table. We saw a girl with short brown hair, and a boy with black hair and glasses. I sat down at the table, while Kuroko stood up. "Here, would you like some tea?" the girl asked. "No thanks." I said.

They didn't even notice Kuroko.

"So, anyway. I was wondering if you guys had a basketball team for girls?" I asked. "A basketball team for girls?" the boy said. They both looked down. "Sorry. We don't." He said. I looked disappointed. "Okay. Well how bout this. Instead of me playing on the girls team, how bout I play on the boys team?" I said.

"I'm afraid we can't do that. It'd be against the rules. I'm really sorry." the girl said. "Fine. What if I only play in practice, but not in games. Would that work?" I asked. The girl and the boy looked at each other.

"Well, I suppose that would work, but-" "Alright, thanks. I knew I could count on you." I said casually. I grabbed a paper and signed my name on it. And I walked off. I looked around and saw Kuroko was gone. "Dang it Kuroko. Where'd you run off to? I can't believe you left me. I gotta tell you it's gonna be just like the last 3 years when we were at Teiko." I mumbled to myself.

Riko and Hyuga's POV

"Man. If only we had a couple more people sign up." Riko said. Hyuga sighed, drinking some tea. "We didn't even get ten." "Well, we're only just started. I mean, we're a brand new school. Think about it. If we win the Inter high and the Winter cup, we could be famous by just next year." Riko said with a sly smirk.

"Are you trying to sneakily put pressure on me, the captain?" Hyuga said. "Hyuga, when did you get so sensitive?" Riko teased. Hyuga pouted. "Okay. I promise to do my best." "I wonder how recruitment is going. If they could just bring in some promising ones-" Riko cut her sentence short..

Just then Koga came over being carried by a giant, crying. "We got a new recruit." Koganei said. Then the giant spoke. "This the basketball club?" Riko looked up at him. "Uh..uh-Yeah" Riko nodded. 'Who is this guy? He's so intense. Like a wild tiger. A tall one at that.' Riko said in her head.

"I wanna join." The man sat down. "What?" "Your club." "Oh! Of course. Here, have some tea." Riko said. "As I'm sure you already know, our team is built off only second years. So if we have some like you on the team-" Riko was cut short of her sentence.

"Yeah, I don't care. I'm just gonna sign up and bounce." the red haired man said. He took a paper and signed his name. Riko gasped. "you don't have a reason to play?" "Basketball's the same everywhere in Japan. No matter where you go." Then he just walked off.

"Man. He's so scary! Is he really a first year student?" Kogonei said. "Taiga Kagami. He went to middle school in america. He's an extraordinary source." "Hey, you forgot two applications." Koganei said , handing Riko the applications.

'Huh, I was here the whole time, so how did I miss them? Rajier Pento, and Tetsuya Kuroko. Riko gasped in shock. They're both from Teiko!?' Riko thought to herself. '"Something wrong?" Hyuga asked.

"T-They're from Teiko.." "You talking about that girl?" Hyuga asked. Riko nodded. "And another boy. His name is Tetsuya Kuroko." "Teiko? Wait, you mean that ridiculously strong middle school team?!" Hyuga asked, shocked. Riko nodded again. "He's gotta be one of them...One of the Generation of Miracles." Riko said.

"But, I've never heard of a girl member of the generation of miracles." Hyuga said. "Maybe not, but they had a really strong manager that helped them to almost all of their victories." Riko explained. "So you think that's her?" Hyuga asked. "It has to be..This year's rookies are looking really good."