Chapter 4 (Kaijo High School)

Today was the day we had our practice match against Kaijo. We walked into the school entrance gate and the school was huge and fancy. We all looks at the school in awe. "So this is Kaijo huh? It's a lot fancier than I expected." I said.

"This place is huge!" "You can tell this school is very devoted to their sports programs." Hyuga said.

I looked over at Kagami and saw his eyes were dark red. They looked horrible. "Kagami, what's up with your eyes? You look awful." I said. "She's right. They look scarier than usual." Kuroko said in agreement.

"Shut up. I just couldn't sleep since I was too excited for today." Kagami said. "What's with you? Are you a kid?" Kuroko said. I sighed. "A whole baby." "What'd you say!?" Then we heard Kise. "Hey guys!" Kise ran over to us in his gym clothes. "Kise!" Kagami said.

"Thanks for coming. It's pretty big here so I came as your guide." Kise said. Kagami walked up to Kise but Kise ignored him and walked straight up to me and Kuroko. "Kurokocchi, Pentocchi. Ever since you turned down my invitation, I've been crying myself to sleep every night." Kise said fake crying into his arm.

"Why are you so weird?" I said. "Ya know, you're the only girl who's ever rejected me, Pentocchi. You still won't go out with me?" Kise said and everyone jumped. "You know what...sure, let's do it." I said, smirking. "Noooooo!!!!!!" Everyone said.

"Really!?" "No!" I said face palming him. Everyone sighed in relief. Riko smacked all of them. "What's wrong all you!?" Kise sighed. "Well anyway, I'm interested in whose making you stay at this school Kurokocchi." Kise walked over to Kagami.

"I don't really care about the title of Generation of miracles, but I won't ignore an open challenge like that...That's just not how I roll." Kise said. Sorry but I'm gonna have to crush you with everything I've got."

Kagami smiled. "Bring it."

--------

We walked into the gym where our team would be playing. Me and Riko gasped. "So we're playing half court then?" I said. "They'll be using the other side for practice." Riko said. This kinda pissed me off. "It seems their not even taking this match isn't seriously." Hyuga said with an irk mark on his forehead.

"Let's show them to not underestimate us." I said. "Yeah." Everyone said. The Kaijo coach walked over to us. "So where's your coach?" He asked. "I'm the coach." Riko said. "And I'm the manager." I said.

The man was surprised. "You're the coach?!" Riko stepped forwards and bowed. "Coach Riko Aida. I'm glad we have the opportunity to play you guys today." "Uh yeah" "So uhh, what is this?" I asked.

"Exactly what it looks like. We've made some simple arrangements for today's practice." He said. "Arrangements?" I said. "There won't be anything worth learning to make everyone watch." "I see." Riko said kinda pissed but she tried to keep a smile.

"We'll be continuing practice so we don't waste any time. However, you'll still be playing our starters." The man started walking away then he said, "Try not to let my boys run up the score on you guys."

Me, and coach were pissed and cracked our knuckles while he walked off. "They think we suck. They think this is just a sideshow to their practice" Kagami said.

The Kaijo team was getting ready when we heard their coach speak. "Kise! You're not playing." "What!? But why?!" "You're a whole different level than the others." "Come on coach, don't say stuff like that."

"With you on the court this wouldn't even be a match." The coach said. This guy was getting on my last nerve. I was about to burst a vein be so was coach Riko. "Just listen to them." Hyuga said. "I haven't been this mad in a while." Izuki said. "Same." I said

Kise ran up to us. "I'm really sorry guys! But ya know, if you play good enough then he'll have to put me in. Besides, if you can't force him to put me in then you'll never beat the Generation of Miracles."

Kise's teammate yelled to him. "Hey Kise! Go ahead and show them the locker rooms!" Seirin started walking off. "You better go warm up. It won't be long until you get on the court " Kuroko said.

I sat outside waiting for the boys with Riko. "Hey Pento, I got something for you." Riko said, pulling something out of her bag. I hummed curiously. Then she pulled out a Seirin jersey with the number 1 on it!

"I get a jersey too?" I said. "Well I figured I'd give you one since you're not just the manager, but you also play too. Ya know?" "Thanks Riko! Imma go change."

---------

I walked out the bathroom with my hands in the pockets of my uniform and all the Seirin boys looked at me. "Pento, you get a uniform too?" Izuki asked. "Heck yeah I get a uniform!" I said. Then Kagami spoke. "Whoa you look seriously cool, Pento!" He said, giving me a fist bump.

I was surprised and gasped lightly. Then I smiled slightly and gave him a fist bump. "Thanks. Now go kick their butts Kagami. Show them not to underestimate us." Kagami smiled. "You bet!"

They all went to line up. They started the match and Kuroko and Kagami came out hot. Kagami was so hot, that when he went for a dunk, he broke the hoop!!! It was hilarious seeing Kaijo's coach's face.

He was so mad that we had to move to full court. AND he put Kise out in the game. Now things are about to get interesting.