Chapter 5 (Kaijo High School Part 2)

So far, Kise has been copying all of Kagami's moves and everyone on Seirin is struggling to keep up.

"It's useless. As long as I can see you, you can't escape me. I'll just keep copying all your moves. You can't beat me, it's not that easy." Kise said to Kagami. Kagami put his head down, then he started laughing.

"Sorry, sorry. That just kinda made my laugh." Kagami said with tears in his eyes. 'Kinda? I think not.' I thought to myself. "What?" Kise said. "It's been a while since anyone's ever talked to me like that. They used to talk to me like that over in America." Kagami said.

"You lived in America!? Cool, just like Pentocchi." Kise said excitedly. "I thought I made the wrong choice coming back here to play. But this is exciting. I mean, life is all about challenges, right?

There's no point in living if there's no one stronger than you to play. So...It's better if I can't win right now." Kagami walked back over to the team.

"Besides, we're just getting started. You can't be getting too cocky already. It's too soon. Also, thanks to you I know your weakness now." "What weakness?" Kise asked. "I get it. "As long as you can see it" right? What if you can't see it?

You can't use your skill on a guy who's already invisible. Which means...This guy is your big weakness." Kagami put his hand on Kuroko's head and started laughing again.

"What are you doing?" Kuroko said. Kuroko smacked Kagami's hand off. "So what if I can't copy Kurokocchi's style. That isn't going to change anything." Kise said. Then the whistle blew. "The first quarter is done. Take a 2 min break."

"Just you watch, we're gonna have your team balling their eyes out in the second quarter." Kagami said, then he walked over to the bench. The score was now 27-35.

—----

"I see. Yeah, that could work." Coach said. "You're finally starting to cool down and use your brain, Kagami." I said. "I been cool!" He shouted back. "You were pissed and you know it." Hyuga and Izuki both said. I chuckled a bit.

"However, Kuroko and Kagami. Your coordination is gonna have to be key. Can you do it?" Coach asked. "Yeah, sure." Kagami said. Then Kuroko stabbed him in the side with his hand. "What was that for you little punk!" Kagami yelled. "We're beating Kise right?" Kagami paused before stabbing Kuroko back. "Of course we are."

Both teams were scoring points back to back until Kagami got the ball. It was a face off between him and Kise. Kagami charged forward then did the unexpected. He passed the ball to Kuroko, who was behind him, and Kuroko passed it back to Kagami, who was now in front of Kise. Kagami caught the ball and put the ball through the hoop.

"Yes!" Riko said. "Alright!" I said. Kagami passed to Kuroko again, and Kise thought Kuroko was going to pass it back to Kagami again, but instead he passed it to Hyuga! Kaijo was totally confused. It made me smile.

Kise was tired. He grabbed the ball and suddenly Kuroko was on him. Kise passed him easily but Kagami was in front of him. Then Kuroko back tipped the ball out of Kise's hands. Izuki grabbed the ball and scored!

Kise had the ball again, and Kuroko was on him again. Kise tried to shoot the ball instead of charging ahead, but Kagami came and smacked it out his hand! "Fast break!" Kagami said. Kise was trying to run and get the ball and ended up hitting Kuroko in the head.

Kuroko fell to the ground and his head started to bleed. "Kuroko!" I screamed. I ran over to him. "Referee timeout!" Kuroko got up wobbling and Captain Hyuga ran over. "Kuroko, how are you feeling?" "A little dizzy." Kuroko answered. "Hey man, you good?" Kagami asked.

"Of course. The game is only starting." Kuroko said. Then he fell face first to the ground. "Kuroko. You idiot." I said. "Someone get a first aid kit!" Riko yelled. We brought Kuroko over to the bench and patched him up.

"What do we do now?" Tsuchida asked. "For now, Kuroko's out. We'll have to come up with something with the player we do have." Riko said. Coach went over the game plan and everyone headed out.

After a few minutes of playing, Kuroko got up and tried to walk on the court. "Whoa, whoa. You're not going out there. You're still not completely recovered." I said, blocking Kuroko from going on the court. "Yeah Kuroko, you're ready yet." Riko said. "If I can change anything by going out there, then please, let me go Pento. Coach." Kuroko said.

He looked determined, and who was I to stop him? I love determined people. I sighed and smirked. "Alright, but if you go, you have to play as hard as you can. Or else...I'll beat you up." I said. Kuroko smiled. "You bet." "And Kuroko, if it looks like you're in danger even in the slightest, I'm taking you out." Coach said. Kuroko nodded and switched places with Koga.

Everyone went out there playing really hard and the gap in the score was getting smaller and smaller. The score was now 80-82. Kruko passed the ball to Kagami and Kagami dunked it, making the score tied at 82.

—-------

"YAAAAAAY!!!! We won!!!!" Koga yelled and everyone ran on the court. I ran to Kuroko and hugged him. "Are you okay?" I whispered. "Yeah." he answered. "I'm glad." We walked back over to the team. Riko was beaming with joy and flowers shimmered around her.

"Next time, we'll win. At the Interhigh." The captain of the other team said as he and Hyuga shook hands. "We'll be there." Hygua said. "Now, let's go!" Hygua yelled. "Yeah!"

—--

Before we left, we walked by the showers and I saw a familiar green head figure with Kise. 'Midorima?' I said to myself. We stopped by the hospital to check if Kuroko was really okay.

W walked out the hospital and Riko gave everyone who was waiting a thumbs up. "He's gonna be okay." Riko said. "That's a relief." Hyuga said. "Sorry for making you all worry." Kuroko said. "You better be! You scared me!" I said, slapping his head. "Ow! I'm still hurt, you know." "Serves you right!" I said.

Then everyone smiled. "Alright! We won!!!" Koganei shouted and everyone else joined in, cheering with him, including me. We all started walking to the train station when Izuki spoke up. "You guys want to get something to eat?" "Great idea! I'm starving." I said.

"Where should we go?" Hygua asked. "Somewhere cheap, cause I'm broke!" Koga said. I burst out laughing. "Me too!" I said. "Same." Everyone said. "Hold on. How much does everyone have after transportation costs?" Riko asked.

We had 21 cents. "Let's just go home." Hygua said. We all walked to the train station sadly then we heard Riko's whistle. "Fear not, how bout we go to a steakhouse!"

—----

"Steak! Thank you God!" I said. I dug into my steak and finished it in a couple of minutes. When I finished, I was still hungry. I looked up and I saw nobody had even touched their food. "What's wrong? Aren't you gonna eat?" I said. "So fast." Everyone said.

"Your appetite is huge, Pento." Hyuga said. "What do you mean?" I asked genuinely confused. "Come on! Don't you see how big this steak is!?" Koga said. "Seemed pretty regular to me." I said. "You're insane." Izuki said, sighing.

I watched as everyone struggled to take down their steaks. I looked at Kuroko and knew he wasn't gonna finish, because I knew he had a tiny stomach and doesn't eat a lot. So I hopped out of my seat and just grabbed his plate. "I'll take that for ya." I said. "Anyone else not want their food? I'm happy to take em!" I said.

I then heard Kagami munching on his food. "Mmm! This is really good! Yeah, pass your food my way too." I was shocked that he was able to eat as much as me. Me and Kagami ate till our heart's content until we eventually ate everyone's leftovers.

"Thank you Kagami and Pento!"