🎨~ Chapter 3: Alice ~🎃

A/N: Hi everyone, I'm sorry for the slight lateness of this update, it's just been one of those days.

I'm so grateful for the kudos and sweet comments; they mean a lot to me!

Without further ado, I hope you enjoy Chapter 3!😊💖🦋

 "Give me your hand and I'll hold it. People, help the people. Nothing will drag you down." -Birdy (from her song, "People Help the People")

Alice's POV

Strolling into homeroom, I wasn't surprised to find it mostly empty, aside from some of my classmates sitting on desks or huddled together talking about the latest gossip. I didn't pay them much mind as I walked to the back of the room, seeing a familiar girl bent over a sketchbook, her foot tapping to the beat of something she was humming.

I smiled, recognizing the melody of one of my favorites, "Killer Queen", as I approached her desk. "Hi, is this seat taken?"

Her heart stuttered in its rhythmic beats as she met my gaze, a mix of shock and confusion painting her features, accented by her furrowed brows and bright blue eyes. Before I could second-guess my approach, her expression relaxed and she smiled softly as she replied, "No, it's not; it's yours if you want it. I'm pretty sure I scared away the last guy who sat next to me."

I nodded with a grin and sat down, turning back to face her, and crossing my fingers under the desk.

I had a good feeling about her.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Kenzie's POV

"Bye, Em," I replied, smirking with satisfaction at his shocked expression as I left the room, heading to the cafeteria. Angela and I had a lot to catch up on.

After grabbing my lunch, I sat next to Angela at our table. "Hey, Ange, how's it going?" I asked.

"Pretty good, though I'm still stumped on what to write about," she replied, resting her chin in her hand in thought.

"Well, we're in spooky season territory now, so that should give us some inspiration," I remarked, cracking open my bottle of lemonade and taking a sip.

"True, and maybe we could even add a certain someone's special day to the holiday list," she added.

"No, Angela, that doesn't count as a holiday," I retorted, shaking my head fondly at her.

"Whatever you say, Ellie," she amended, shrugging her shoulders innocently.

"Ooh, if you guys need help with headlines, I heard there's going to be a Halloween movie showcase at the movies," Jessica offered.

"Oh yeah, the one in Port Angeles, right?" Eric asked, getting a nod from Jess in reply.

"See, Angel, we've got one headline now, and the rest should be a piece of cake," I grinned, nudging her shoulder.

We finished our lunch pretty soon after that and killed time until the bell watching the boys' usual antics and writing down the movies from the showcase as Jess listed them off.

The bell rang, announcing the end of our lunch period, and satisfied with our progress on the paper, we parted ways once more for class.

Since Art was upstairs, I headed to the nearest stairwell and started climbing up, just reaching the top when two boys sprinted past me, making me lose my balance and fall backward. Fortunately, a girl who must've heard the commotion reached out and grabbed my arm, pulling me back from the edge of the landing.