💜~ Chapter 7: Heart of Glass ~🖌️

A/N: Hi, long time, no see! Before anyone asks, yes, the title of this chapter is a reference to "Heart of Glass" by Blondie, one of my favorite songs.💜🎶🩷

Now, for those of you who also read "The Faded Star", what I'm about to say is going to sound awfully familiar. This chapter is an emotional rollercoaster, so make sure you have tissues on hand (just in case), something to drink, and a furry friend or two (if you have them). Brace yourselves, loves!💞

As always, votes & respectful comments are appreciated and welcome! Without further ado, it's my pleasure to give you Chapter 7: Heart of Glass!💖🦋

"You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now. Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound."~Taylor Swift (from her song, "Safe & Sound")

Kenzie's POV

Fortunately, the bell rang, saving me from embarrassing myself in front of them with a storm of blushing and thank you's. We said our goodbyes and then Ally and I went upstairs to class, thankfully getting to the second floor without a near ER trip, like yesterday.

Everything was great up until we were passing a bulletin board in the hallway and I stopped in my tracks. One colorful flyer caught my attention, making me regret my big breakfast.

"Ellie?"

In clear Art Deco font, the paper announced: "Audition Workshop Today @ 3:30 pm in Rm 216. See Ms. May for more info."

It shouldn't have surprised me; Ange and Jess mentioned it last week, but seeing it now made me realize how fast the time had passed. You promised her you would try, I thought, as if I needed the reminder. I couldn't break a promise to Laurel, not now.

A gentle hand took one of mine and I snapped back to the moment, turning to face Ally, whose face was full of concern and kindness. "Ellie, are you alright?" she asked.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm okay. Sorry for spacing out like that. You can go without me, I'll catch up," I smiled, hopefully giving her some measure of reassurance.

"Of course, take as much time as you need," she nodded, squeezed my hand once, then, skipped down the hall to Art.

I took out my phone and snapped a picture of the poster, then sent it to Laurel with a short message underneath, "It's today, wish me luck.💜🎭"

Sliding my phone back into my pocket, I walked down the hall to class, thankfully making it in with a few minutes to spare. I tried to relax as I settled in my usual seat next to Alice and grabbed my art supplies from my bag.

My phone chimed twice and I found two replies from Laurel on it, "Break a leg, Kenz. You'll be amazing!💜🩷💜" Below it, she added, "Aunt Lyla agrees with me.😊🍀"

"Thank you, Laur, and tell Aunt Lyla the same.🧡"

"Alright, so I've got one 'thank you' & bear hug package out for delivery to one Aunt Lyla. Is that correct, ma'am?🚚"

"Nailed it. I love you and I'll talk to you later.💙" I sent it, smiling at her antics.

"Good morning, everyone," Ms. Claire greeted as she walked in, her leaf earrings shining in the light. "With the Halloween season upon us, your theme of the day is Twisted Tale. I want you to think of one of your favorite stories, whether it's a movie, show, or book, and put a spooky twist on it in your piece," she explained, writing it on the whiteboard.