𝟎𝟏𝟐

╭┈─────── ೄྀ࿐ ACT ONEˊˎ-

╰┈➤ ❝ [𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟎𝟏𝟐] ❞                 

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

୨⎯"I ain't as good as this - you're the first greenie since Nick died."⎯୧

ᴵⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᴹᵃᶻᵉ ᴿᵘⁿⁿᵉʳ ᵗⁱᵐᵉˡⁱⁿᵉ 

ᵗʰᵉ ᴹᵃᶻᵉ ᴿᵘⁿⁿᵉʳ ⁱᵐᵉˡⁱᵉ 

Letting out a sigh, Madylin gazed up at the starry sky, lost in her thoughts. Beside her, Gally was lying on the soft grass, his eyes fixed on her. "Do you think we're the only ones left?" Gally asked, breaking the silence, and causing her to turn and face him. "Y'know- besides the creators..."

She offered a soft smile in response. "I don't know. But I like to believe that somewhere out there, there's something waiting for us," she murmured, contemplating the idea.

Gally hummed in agreement, turning back to the glittering sky above them.

"Do you still believe this is our home?" Madylin breaks the silence this time.

Gally's brows furrowed in surprise at her question, instantly reminded of their past conversation about leaving the Glade. "I want to believe that outside these walls could be our home, but it's too dangerous," he replied with a frown. "As much as the Glade may not be perfect, it's still home. It's been my home for three-plus years, M. And if given the chance to leave, I would rather stay here where I have some sense of security than leave and not know what's going to happen."

Madylin nodded in understanding, knowing where Gally was coming from.

"I don't know what I would do," she admitted softly, shrugging off her own words. "Part of me wants to leave and see what's out there, but another part is scared of what could happen..."

Gally sighed and suddenly stood up, offering his hand to help Madylin up from the grass. "You should try to get some rest," he suggested, brushing off the dirt from his pants with his other hand. "Tomorrow's the box."

"So?" Madylin responded with a hint of attitude.

"So, we gotta be up early," Gally explained patiently.

"I'm not joining," She stated nonchalantly. "I promised Clint I'd finish reorganizing the Medhut."

"M..." Gally's weary voice trailed off. "You can't just-"

"Don't, Gal," She snapped, cutting him off. "I already hear it from Newt and Minho. They're always watching me, afraid that I'm gonna go mad again." She looked from her arms to him, "I don't need it from you too, okay?"