☆𝘈 𝘏𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘵☆

"Honey time to wake up were here." I yawn as I slowly rub my lazy eyes.

"Ah sweetie!" The voice of an older woman slowly flows into my waking ears as I see my grandmother walk over with open arms.

"GRANDMA!" Running out I hugged her. My cheeks hurt from the grin on my face. "Hello my super nova!" The smell of fresh cookies wafts my nose and I hungrily walk inside. I sit there munching on the freshly made cookies and grandma pours me a cup of milk and hands it to me.

"So did your mom tell you yet..."

"Oh Yeah how were helping this summer with the estate!" My mouth now is full of cookies and milk.

"Oh crystal you didn't tell her..." My face contorts into confusion. "Huh what do you mean?"

My mother's face saddens. "No mom I didn't tell her the full reason." They now face each other, and I turn back and forth as they talk.

"Can someone please tell me what is happening?!" I plead and they both look at me.

"I'm sorry sweetie how about you go unpack really quick and we will make dinner and we can have a dinner discussion."

"Ok..." I ran to the car and got my bag, dragging it up the stairs into the room I'm staying in. The walls were light pink with some wall decor from when I was ten... Unpacking the bag and seeing all the stuff I had left. A smile slowly forms on my face as I put my last pile of clothes in a drawer, and I walk back downstairs.

"Dinners done!" I grin as I turn the corner. "I'm here!" My mom jumps and smiles as the table is made with 3 plates.

"So, we are having steak and some mash and broccoli."

The smells enter my nose as I go and take a seat. I hum in delight as I take a bite of the savory steak. It had a hint of lemon it was almost baked in.

"This is so good!"

My words soon end as I see the worried faces on their faces.

"Oh... The talk..."

My mother soon starts.

"Sweetheart you know how the short notice was coming here..."

I nod as she continues.

"love your sixteen now and-"

"This summer is your first and could be last!"

Grandma squeaks out and my face has now contorted into a panic state.

"Wh-what?!" My mother quickly talks over my panicked state.

"What she means is... you're not normal honey." Her breath hitches.

"I fell in love with the wrong man."

"What do you mean by that?" My questioning tone slowly comes to a stop as grandma speaks up.

"Nova your special and the reason you must come here every summer is to protect you. This is a haven... a haven for the lost creatures in the world that need help. The good kind."

I look over confused. "Am I dreaming?" They look at each other confused.

"This is sounding to much like Percy Jackson mixed with Fable Haven!"

I take another bite of food because even if I'm learning about some weird stuff, I'm still hungry. Mom and grandma chuckle a bit before mom talks.

"I guess your right honey, but your father is not a Greek god. Nor do you have to drink the milk to see the outside mythical world."

Sipping my drink, I look at them confused.

"Then what is happening?" They pause before grandmother speaks.

"Nova sweetie you're not normal."

"You told me this what do you mean by that?!"

Grandma sighs before my mother takes over the conversation with tears in her eyes.

"Listen Nova love, you are not one hundred percent." she takes a deep breath. "Human."

"What?!"