Chapter Two, Vol 2

With a two week deadline, I'm usually in a rush to get things done. It'd be quite easier to space out the time I had with Yuuri and Kurumi if said deadline wasn't as far as I thought.

I like to reason to myself that what I'm doing right now is indeed spacing out despite my prediction that I'd be able to set everything up a week before it happens.

"You're quite casual Kurumi-san" I looked at the clock.

"Jeez... why'd you need me here after dinner anyways?" Kurumi lowered her shovel

"Third rule of the School Living Club... Do not–"

"Yea yea I get it..." Kurumi interrupted, "But why now? Why can't we do it in the morning?"

"You're busy with the barricades in the hallway during the morning. Also, I needed the insurance since you aren't interested in staying in your room playing Uno with Yuki and Yuuri"

"Yeah it's pretty much the sentiment among us... it's surprising you know"

"You were eager enough to come over when I asked you"

We walked towards the barricades.

"Well, what's the excuse? What if Yuuri found out?"

"She wouldn't mind. Compared to if let's say I brought Yuki over"

"So what do you want me to do?"

"Just come with me for a quick run to the library... in and out"

"Five minutes?"

"Ten minutes maximum"

"Well, you're gonna owe me... and no, the sweets won't count"

"How about I take over patrolling for the next five days? After all, I made those table barricades so it shouldn't be a hassle repairing them"

"And I assume you'd wander around with a textbook or a pen?"

Kurumi's humor was quite dry, even by my standards.

"Couldn't acquire any weapons other than ones I've crafted during my spare time. So it's back to basics" I raised my right arm, revealing the layer of tape and notebooks that I had wrapped around.

"Then why don't you help me with some of them in your spare time"

" I'd get injured easily due to my lack of athleticism" I shrugged.

Ironically enough, the way Kurumi was dressed probably made it easier for her to get infected.

"Anyways, let's go"

We continued through the table barricades, heading straight forward while periodically checking the nearby classrooms.

Usually, I'd take this time to spark a conversation, but perhaps I'll find that opportunity.

The library hadn't evaded a similar fate to what had happened to the classrooms, but it seemed tolerable enough for me not to end up cutting my foot.

"Guard the door. If you see anything, just hide inside the library and tell me. If I need help, I'll shout"

"No need to tell me"

It was easy for me to look for the usual study books I needed, but due to our situation, it'd be a bit more daunting.

Wandering through the bookshelves, I placed my finger through each section while holding a flashlight with my free hand until I had reached what I wanted.

After grabbing two books, I walked over to the front, where Kurumi stood close to the door with her hands crossed. As I got closer, her gaze focused on the hallway.