𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

𐙚˙⋆.˚ ᡣ𐭩

prologue

weddings, cheating exes & the notebook

𐙚˙⋆.˚ ᡣ𐭩

16th May

2:14 a.m.

Dear Diary,

My cousin is getting married in 10 days. To his girlfriend.

My father was very against it. The girl isn't Marathi, he doesn't like it. But my uncle, Dada's father, agreed, so Baba has no say and he's been grumpy about it. Refused to eat dinner with Dada because he was unhappy with not knowing for so long. 

I understand why Dada didn't tell him and only told my sister and I, considering his reaction. And if Aai had found out, Baba would've known too. He kept saying that it's useless, and the girl wouldn't understand our culture and whatnot. I skipped dinner because of the stupid arguments, but I just made maggi with Akshu Tai so it's fine.

It was only on the weekends that Dada, my uncle and my aunt would eat with us, and today, that went down the drain too. I'm pretty sure Kaartik Dada was very hurt by whatever my father said at the dinner table. Why should anybody be blamed for simply marrying someone they love? I did try to intervene, I wasn't just sitting there. But I was sent to my room. Hence, the skipped dinner.

I wonder what goes through Baba's mind when he says all this bullshit, but whatever. It's not like I'm getting married to someone any sooner. 

It's not like I'm getting married to anyone ever.

26th May

3:15 a.m.

We reached home an hour earlier. Weddings are a little tiring when they're happening in your own close family.

Dada is now married. It feels unreal, but he is. And he will move out soon. So will Akshu Tai. And I'll keep waiting until my day comes. Alone.

Anyways, I wore the Aishwarya Rai lehenga from Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam. Of course with alterations that covered my whole body because why would I ever want to look beautiful for once in my life. It barely looked like what Aishwarya wore. The blouse looked like a sleeveless sweater. I should've gone to the tailor's with my mom instead of letting her go alone.

But I saw this pretty boy in the parking lot when we were leaving for the ceremony. I was in a rush, and I felt somethin tugging my dupatta. I thought he was pulling it and I actually was about to yell at him without even looking, probably because I was already so frustrated by the amount of tantrums being thrown around me. Turns out it was just stuck in his weird bracelet. 

Like Om Shaanti Om.

It was kinda dreamy, and I'd lie if I said that he wasn't attractive. He had these ruffly brown hair, the same brown eyes, and long ass fucking eyelashes. And he smiled. I mean yeah no big deal, but it was pretty. I don't think I've ever seen a boy smile so pretty. Then again, I barely look at boys. 

I wonder why he was here. Probably to visit a friend considering he wore casual clothes. I went next door to ask Veer if he knew who the guy was; he was in our parking lot after all; but his mother said that he was on a roadtrip with his friends.