Chapter 2: Climbing the Spire

The elevator dinged, followed by the doors opening up. Shadow and Eight stepped through, to tackle the next floor.

(// Spire Tower: Floors 2F-9F //)

(*Timestamps below*)

*2F: 8:42, 3F: 11:16, 4F: 13:35, 5F: 15:57, 6F: 18:57, 7F: 21:14, 8F: 23:14, 9F: 25:30*

(*Dialogue after each floor is beaten below*)

(/\ Floor 2F /\)

"Whoa. You two are handling this like pros. Maybe you do have what it takes to reach the top." Acht said.

"Well, I am the Ultimate Lifeform for a reason." Shadow said.

"I was gonna ask about that. How come you know so much about this place, Acht?" Pearl said.

"Yeah. How do you know so much?" Rouge asked.

"Fair question. Everything I'm telling you, I'm pulling from the elevator console." Acht explained. "I learned the trick from the same place Marina did. Though I won't blame you for being skeptical."

"For real?! I guess it's true that Marina's a turbo nerd when it comes to machines." Pearl said.

"Same as Manic." Shadow said. "Since he was raised by thieves when he was a kid."

"If you went to the same school, I'm not surprised you can do the same stuff." Pearl said.

"Well...she was a few ranks above me. I wouldn't put myself quite in her league." Acht said. "By the way, here's your next color chip."

The next layout, and color chip was pulled up on the elevator console. Shadow, Eight, and Pearl read it.

"Lucky Bomb? Lucky for who?!" Pearl said, confused.

"These Lucky Bombs appear when you defeat a good amount of enemies. They explode on their own for big damage." Acht explained.

"Sounds great. I'm always wishing a bomb would show up to blow away anyone harassing me!" Pearl said.

(/\ Floor 3F /\)

"Good hustle, you two. I've got the lowdown on the next floor for you." Acht said, pulling up the next layout.

"Whoa! We get TWO color chips from this one?! Twoice as noice!" Pearl said, in shock.

"The more color chips, the better." Rouge said, to Shadow and Eight.

"She's right." Omega said, in agreement.

"Hey, I've been wondering. It says Reward there. What's that about?" Pearl asked.

"It's how much Membux you get from clearing the floor. Not sure what those are for yet, but they seem like a good thing to have." Acht replied.

"Well, if you say so. Table that for now, I guess." Pearl said.

"Guys, when you need a break from climbing the tower, let me know." Acht said. "I'll stop the elevator and wait here until you're ready. No sense pushing yourself past your limits."

"Well, at least that's good to know." Shadow said.

"Yeah. At least we don't have to wear ourselves out all at once." Agent 8 said.

(/\ Floor F4 /\)

"Awww yeah! We're on a roll!" Pearl said, in excitement. "Y'know, this drone body's not so bad if it means Eight and Shadow don't have to do all the work."