Chapter 8

The heroes are outside Shang Tu Palace with General Gong as it was retaken

Lilac: "Never thought I'd see this place again. It's in pretty good shape"

Neera Li: "Good work, General. It's...good to be home"

General Gong: "Yeah, all things considered? This is the tidiest invasion ever. Wish all of our invasions were this neat"

(Y/N): "Well good news, everyone!"

Milla: "Serpentine's agreed to take us with him!"

Serpentine: "Yes! Out of the goodness of my reptilian heart, I decided that all nine of us will stop the menace that is Merga"

Lucien: "Thanks, Serpentine"

Lilac: "And great work, (Y/N) and Milla! How did you manage to convince him?"

Milla: "Oh, we just made a promise. No biggie"

Serpentine: "I hope you're all exactly as heavy as you look, otherwise this will be a short trip!"

Neera Li: "Rude assessment of our collective weight aside. I assume this interjection means we are ready to leave?"

Serpentine: "Weren't you listening to me before?! I still need Syntax for the vector calculations!"

Neera Li: "Then our course is clear. Track down Spade, beat him to within an inch of his life, and take Syntax-"

Lucien (Thoughts): 'I'm not doing that'

Lucien: "You know what? Screw it! Greatest plan ever!"

(Y/N): "Yeah, Spade may be our friend but we'll need Syntax from him!"

General Gong: "Sounds like a plan. We'll hold the fort down here! Before you go, though: Magister wants to see you 2 teams of 4. Something urgent, he says"

As they walked into the Palace and met up with the Magister, they knew they had something to say

Carol: "Yo, Magister and Black Ryan. What's up?"

Lilac and Lucien then bowed

Lilac: "Magister, Black Ryan"

Milla: "You summoned us, O Exalted One?"

Black Ryan: "Thank you for coming. Me and the Magister wish to share the results of our research-"

Magister: "-regarding Merga and the water dragon people. At first, what me and Black Ryan found merely reaffirmed everything we already knew...That the water dragons turned violent. That Merga was their greatest warrior. That many Shang Tusians died defending themselves from the Parusan scourge"

Black Ryan: "Then we realized that the books we had read were all written by earth dragons and their descendants"

Magister: "We scoured the library for any book that could possibly recount history from a water dragon's perspective. We found it within a handwritten book of flowers and horticulture"

Black Ryan: "There were various annotations by the author describing what was then to her current events"

They both took a step forward

Magister: "If what she wrote is true, then...I'm so sorry, Lucien and Lilac. Merga is right to be angry"

Lucien and Lilac then took a step forward