All You Got

Later that evening, Soap was in the gym lifting weights. The door burst open and in stormed Ghost. By the look in his eyes the Scot could tell he was fuming. So he decided to not say anything. Simon started beating a punching bag, while letting out short angered grunts.

John noticed he wasn't wearing gloves, and he saw the man's knuckles' skin start to peel and bleed. He slowly approached his superior.

"LT, do ya need—"

"Shut the fuck up, Sergeant!" The Brit shouted, as he continued to punch the bag as hard as he could.

"Sir, ye'll hurt yer—"

"Fuck off!" Soap could tell tears were welling in his superior's eyes. Perhaps a mixture between sad and angry tears.

"It was a nice life," he thought to himself, as he walked up to Ghost. He grabbed the punching bag to stop it from swinging.

"Soap, I swear to fucking god, if you don't—"

"What's wrong?"

Silence filled the room. Simon looked up at Soap. Oh yeah, he was definitely holding in tears.

"Nothing's wrong. You're imagining things..." he muttered.

"I highly doubt I'm makin' this up. Talk t' me."

"There's nothing to converse about." John looked deep into the Lieutenant's copper brown eyes. The skull mask hid any and all emotion, but those pools of syrupy beauty told him what he needed to know. He could swim in them for hours, or even days.

The door to the gym suddenly opened. Gaz looked at the two men, who looked back at him.

"I don't even wanna know," he said. Simon narrowed his eyes and glared at him. "Aaanyways, I was looking for Soap," Gaz stated as he cleared his throat.

"You can have 'im. He was just leaving," Ghost responded gruffly.

He gave Soap a quick look, then walked out of the gym. Kyle went over to the Scot.

"What did you do?" He asked. "He's pissed."

"I didnae do anythin'! I noticed he was punchin' th' bag withoot gloves, so I tried t' help him oot," John responded, exasperated.

"You didn't try to ask him out?"

"Nae!" Soap exclaimed with an exasperated scoff. "Why d'ya think we fuck? It's no' like tha'!"

"Then what's it like, huh? You're obviously pining for him! Be your bold self and confess already! Sure, there's a pretty big chance he'll reject you, but you still need to try."

Soap sighed and looked back at the gym door.

"I do like 'im, Gaz. I'm j'st... afraid of rejection..."

"I know, mate. But you gotta at least try. You may not be able to tomorrow." John looked at Kyle and smiled.

"I hate how good ye are at givin' advice."