Ex-girlfriend?

Victoria slammed her locker shut. As the door closed she twisted the key in the lock and then walked away, her left arm wrapped tightly around her math books. She flipped a few strands of long brown hair back behind her shoulders and breathed in deeply before pushing open the door to the classroom. She slid into her chair in the second row and waited. Her books she placed in a neat pile on her desk and a pencil was in her hand. 

Ashley plopped down heavily beside her and laid her head down on the desk. "I am so tired," she said softly. "I barely had any sleep last night and I had to get up  so  early this morning." 

Victoria nodded and patted her friend on the back. "You'll be ok. I'm a little tired too, but I'm going to Elliot's house tonight. We're planning to—" but she was interrupted by the door opening and the rest of the class arriving, chatting loudly or whining about an upcoming test. 

Finally the teacher came in, looking hot and flustered. She was carrying text books and a white bag. "Now, class, today we'll be continuing  statistics and probability. It is quite simple if you understand the basics of..." 

There were several groans. "Class!" The teacher, Miss Hartley, had her hands on her hips and fixed the teenagers with a stern expression before turning back to the whiteboard. She hastily scribbled a couple of examples. "If you'll all please turn to page 103-104 and looks at the examples on the board..." 

About half-an-hour later, Victoria had handed in her book. Emmeline and Ashley were talking in quiet whispers beside her. She looked around to see who else was done. Brianna, a thin blonde haired girl in yr 10, was continuously struggling and kept putting her hand up. Max, a boy in yr 11, was flipping to the answers and glancing around nervously at the teacher. And then her eyes rested on Zoe. 

Zoe was fixing Elliot with an intense stare and attempted to make herself look as hot as possible when Elliot was looking at her. She also stated several flirtatious comments about him. Victoria swallowed hard, shrugged and focused on the teacher as the subject moved on to homework assignments. Elliot would be fine. He wouldn't fall for Zoe's nonsense. He was smarter than that. 

"Zoe Damarius! Do you have a problem with your laptop?" Miss Hartley bellowed loudly. 

Zoe pouted and shut the lid of her laptop. "It's not working. It keeps glitching when I answer the questions and it never lets me hand in the assignment when I'm done! The stupid thing is half broken and it never works for me." She glared at her computer and folded her arms, eyes downcast.

Miss Hartley looked taken aback at her student's sudden outburst but Victoria detected slight annoyance. "Well, just—maybe..." Miss Hartley floundered uselessly. 

"My dad is good at fixing things, but he's going out to dinner with my mom tonight," Zoe sighed. She rolled her eyes and tapped her fingernails on the desk. "And... my dad says we're tight on money, so they can't buy me a new one..." 

Elliot looked up from his work. "I did a class a few years ago on electronics," he said, hesitant. "And I helped my dad fix computers, laptops, phone and TVs for money last year. I could help you," he offered slowly. 

Zoe beamed. "Thank you so much, Elliot. Should I come over to your place tonight?" Elliot nodded. "Sure." He looked over at Victoria and noticed her downcast expression. Her eyes narrowed at him and then she turned back around in her seat, noticing Elliot was marvelling at Zoe's beauty. 

Elliot grabbed Victoria's arm as everyone headed out for break. He steered her out of the way of others and ducked into a nearby classroom, ignoring her pleas. "I'm sorry, Victoria. It just came up. Zoe really  needed help, and I know she's not that nice, but our, ok, our, um... meeting up tonight wasn't exactly urgent  and she's desperate for help..."