[8]

(A/N: Chapter 8 has already been published on scrollstack, for early access to it you have to follow me on my scrollstack account.The link to the account is in my wattpad bio and instagram bio.)

In the cozy kitchen of their home, the aroma of Kunal's cooking filled the air as Swara diligently scrubbed away at the dishes.

Suddenly, a pair of arms wrapped around Swara...lifting her up in the air and spinning her around.

"Aaru! Put me down! Aaru! Naughty child!" She yelled as Kunal and Aarav playfully laughed.

"Sooo....What are my lovebirds up to?" Aarav teased, earning a chuckle from Kunal and a playful glare from Swara.

"Aaru, you're getting naughtier as you grow older," Swara chided, but there was a hint of amusement in her tone.

Aarav grinned, puffing out his chest with pride. "Age is just a number, Maa. And besides, I'm one of the best surgeons in the city!"

Kunal joined in, his voice laced with a hint of teasing. "Yet, you haven't proposed to Shailee."
Aarav choked on his own spit, caught off guard by his father's comment. He turned to face Kunal, his expression a mix of surprise and embarrassment.

"Papa! Can we talk about this later?" Aarav sputtered, trying to change the subject.

But Kunal wasn't done yet. He placed a hand on Aarav's shoulder, his gaze firm yet gentle. "Son, don't forget that no matter how successful you are, having someone by your side to celebrate with is important. Don't let your personal life take a backseat to your career."

Aarav nodded, his cheeks flushed with a mix of embarrassment and gratitude. "I know, Papa....by the way...where are Timmy and Tommy?"

"Timmy and Tommy?...Kunal...did you allow for pets in the house?" Swara questioned.

"Swara Maa!" Aarav laughed planting a kiss over her cheek..."I meant the only pets of our house Vanshi and Vini!"

Everyone burst out laughing at his comment...

"They're still asleep, both were busy doing some assignment yesterday, they probably slept late." Swara informed.

A mischievous grin spread across Aarav's face as he ran up the stairs to wake his sisters.

"Don't tell your sisters we were laughing at this, they'll begin with hunger strike....then your Mumma and I have to butter them, to be forgiven." Kunal added.

But as Swara turned back to Kunal, her expression turned serious.

"Kunal, I have a bad feeling about Shailee," she confessed, her voice tinged with worry.Kunal furrowed his brow, concern etched into his features.

"Why's that, Swara?"

"That day, When I was bringing Vanshi back home from her physiotherapy session...we stopped at the grocery store beside Ocean Pearl Hotel...and I think, I saw Shailee with a random guy, walking out of the hotel." She recounted the suspicious encounter she had witnessed at the grocery store, her voice trembling slightly with unease.

Kunal listened attentively, his own worry growing with each word.

"Swara, it could be nothing," Kunal reassured her, pulling her into a comforting embrace. "Let's not jump to conclusions. Maybe you mistook someone else for Shailee?"

Swara nodded, maybe Kunal was right. But deep down, the seed of doubt had been planted, and she couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't quite right.