[4]

A/N: chapter 4 was already published on Scrollstack. (To read the chapters early, you have to follow me on my scrollstack account...link to the account is in my wattpad bio and instagram bio)

The warm water cascaded down Yahvi's skin, leaving a soothing trail as she stepped out of the shower.

Droplets clung to her, glistening like liquid diamonds, as she wrapped herself in a fluffy towel. Her phone buzzed on the bathroom counter, pulling her attention away from the steam-filled bathroom.

Curiosity sparking, Yahvi picked up her phone and checked the notification. A message from an unknown number blinked on the screen.

The words unfolded before her eyes, "You realize you're not suppose to put in random names on hospital records, right?"

A mischievous chuckle escaped her lips as she tapped out a quick response. "Lover Boy?"

Almost instantly, the phone buzzed with a reply. "Yes, Gangster Girl!"

Yahvi, still wrapped in her towel, couldn't help but smile at the unexpected exchange.

"So, let me introduce myself..." The message displayed.

A smirk played on Yahvi's lips as she contemplated her response.

"Hold on, Don't" She typed.

"Umm...I was being polite enough to introduce myself..."

"Let's not do introductions?" As she hit send, Yahvi couldn't shake the sense of exhilaration.

The normal post-shower routine had transformed into a thrilling rendezvous with a stranger.

The air was charged with anticipation, and Yahvi couldn't deny the allure of the unexpected connection she had stumbled upon.

"Why though?" He questioned.

"Introductions would mean, putting a tag on this relation...like friendship or acquaintance." She sighed before typing further...

"I think there's something beautiful about things we don't say, which means...we know each other, but don't really know each other...It's tough to confide in people we know...so why don't we skip the formalities?"

Aarav furrowed his brows, momentarily taken aback by the unexpected depth in her words. He hadn't anticipated such introspection from someone he mentally categorized as a "thug girl." Intrigued, he agreed without hesitation, "Alright!"

As he was about to turn away, his phone buzzed again, displaying the name 'Gangster Girl.' Aarav's curiosity piqued, and he opened the message, revealing her proposal to treat him to a meal as a gesture of gratitude.

"Since you've helped me a lot even while just being a stranger... let me treat you with a meal?" The words glowed on Aarav's screen.

The idea of a free meal tugged at his senses, but caution echoed in the back of his mind. He barely knew this person; after all, they had crossed paths just the day before under bizarre circumstances.

His response materialized on the screen, "No, thank you."

Did he even know her well enough to accept such an invitation?

Yahvi's jaw dropped, "You're upright denying my proposal?" Her words shot back.

"I guess, this is exactly what No means?" Aarav's words glowed on the screen, his hesitation palpable even in the digital domain.