Chapter 5: Louisiana Boy

Sorry it's taken forever to update I've been crazy busy!! Im currently taking a summer class and that and work have taken up so much of my time! My Class ends next week, and then Ill hopefully have more time to update!

Violet carefully closed the front door behind her. When the door positioned back into place without making a sound Violet felt a since of relief flow down her spine. She tiptoed down the drive way to make sure her father wouldn't see her, but once she stepped on the sidewalk she knew she had left unnoticed. She walked down the sidewalk for a second then reached over her shoulder for her backpack. She rolled her eyes when she couldn't find her head phones.

"You struggling" violet jumped when she heard a voice talk to her.

She glanced her eyes over to the black car with tinted windows. She squinted her eyes noticing it was the Louisiana boy she met at school. "I didn't mean to scare you"Max said followed by a chuckle. "Sounds like it" Violet sarcastically remarked, followed by a eye roll.

"Want a ride" Max smiles at her. "No thanks I can walk". "Come on Violet were going to the same place". Violet contemplated for a second then decided that it was better than walking.

"Fine, but just know I'm normally very stubborn" she says approaching the car. Max just smirked at her remark.

"Max was it" Violet asks. He nods. "I didn't know you live in this neighborhood" she says to him. "I don't. I cut through here to cut traffic in the mornings" he responds. Violet nods her head and looks out the window.

For a second Violet thought about how weird it was to be in the car with this almost complete stranger, but then her mind got back to thinking about Tate and her last night. She thought about what she would say to him in class, or if she should say anything at all. She almost forgot about being in the car with Max, until he broke the silence.

"So do you usually walk to school" Max asks. "Nope". "Then why were you today". "Why do you care" Violet snarls. "I'm just curious" Max says with a light tone. "Look my dad just pissed me off, so I wanted to scare him a little he normally takes me to school, so I snuck out and was going to walk. Now he probably thinks I ran away" she smirks over at the brown haired boy. "You're hardcore I couldn't do that to my parents" he responds. "Nahh, I just don't put up with bullshit" she laughs. Max laughs back at her then he turns to park in the high schools parking lot. They both grab their backpacks and head towards the school.

"Ugh I hope the stares are not as bad today" Violet tells Max. "Surely,It will be a little better today" "I hope" violet smiles at him.

As they enter the front door violets smile faded to a frown. "What's wrong," Max says. "Nothing" Violet looks down to the ground. Max looks in the direction she was looking he notices Tate and his girlfriend Madison holding hands in the commons. "Oh shit, do you like Tate" Max says to Violet who was still looking at the floor. "No" she quickly responds. "Whatever" Max responds. "Look, Don't get feelings for Langdon. He's been with Madison for six months now, and he is really into her" he adds. "How would you know" Violet asks. "I'm really good friends with him. We talked about it last weekend" Max's words break Violets heart. She feels tears forming in her eyes, but holds them back. Last night she was so close to kissing Tate. She thought that maybe he liked her, but instead she found out he's in a pretty committed relationship with someone who was nothing like her.

"I didn't mean to hurt your feelings" Max says as he follows Violet to her locker. "I'm Fine I don't like Tate" she lied. "If it makes you feel any better I know one guy who is really into you" Max smirks at her. "Whatever" Violet says. "I gotta run to class, but meet me and sit by me at lunch" Max asks her. She nods her head and he smiles taking off down the hallway.

Violet looks down the hallway trying to find Max so she doesn't have to sit alone at lunch again. Her eyes light up as she finds him looking for her too. Once, he spots her he makes his way down the hallway towards her. "Is your day getting better" He asks her. "Of course not". "You want to come hang out with me Langdon and a couple other people toight" He asks. "Maybe, but that was random" violet says smiling. "Well I thought that would maybe make you feel better" "Only a little" She blushes. "So, do you pack your lunch" Max asks. "yep" She responds. "Me too".

As Max leads the way to the table, Violet started to get nervous. She saw Tate and his girlfriend next to leah and another girl. "Guys Violets going to sit with us" Max says sitting down. "Why" Leah asks. Violet's smile turns to a frown again. "Don't be a bitch Leah" Tate says. Violet looks at him as she sits down. He looks at her briefly, but then looked down at his food. The rest of lunch went by quietly. Violet wised she sat alone. She wouldn't of had to get harassed by Leah and her friends, but more importantly she would of had to deal with the hurtfulness of Tate. He would look or speak to her. He acted as if she wasn't even at the table.

Once school ended Violet walked to Max's car. When she made it to the car she saw Tate talking to Max. She contemplated walking home but decided to continue towards them. "Hey" Violet said shyly. "What's up" Max asked. "Can I have a ride home" She asks nervously looking down. "Yep, I figured you'd want one" Max smiled at her. Tate just stared, and Violet could feel the awkward tension. "So, Violet told me she's gonna hang out with us tonight" Max told Tate knowing he'd get a reaction out of her. Violet smacked his shoulder "Not uhh. I said maybe remember" she says. "Well now you have to" he smiled at her. "Yeah you should come" Tate added. "Fine" she smiles up at Tate.

A/N: I know people normally hate when Tate and Violet are not together and are with other people, but they're obviously going too get together give it a couple more chapters!