Chapter Two: 305

Violet's brown eyes flashed open. She turned to her side, flinging her small hand to her alarm clock, turning the obnoxious buzzing noise off. She let out a yawn, then quickly got out of bed. She walked over to her dresser pulling out a blue floral dress, brown leggings, and a yellow cardigan. As Violet slipped the clothing on she thought Tate. She smiled as she thought of his curly blonde hair and his obvious love for nirvana. She longed for his touch, his plump red lips on hers. She thought about how she walked back and forth from the window to her bed in hopes of seeing him the other night and when she accidentally crossed paths with his eyes he smiled and waved at her from his window. Violet didn't have much passion or love for anything except music and Tate. Tate cured Violet of her hatred of life, even if it was all made up fantasies in her head. Violet grabbed her back pack and headed down stairs towards the kitchen. "Hey sweetie" Vivien said. Violet nodded trying to ignore the existence of her mother. "I made you some toast, your fathers waiting for you in the car" Vivien said warmly to her daughter. Again Violet nodded not saying anything she grabbed the toast and headed out the door.

The ride to school was short and quite. Ben talked but Violet didn't listen. She didn't care about his thoughts about her new school. She still resented him for the affair. As they pulled up to the school building Ben turned to Violet "Vi, I know your having a hard time adjusting, but this is whats best for the family, your mother and I are trying extremely hard to move on, and you need to too". Violet rolled her eyes, "You and mom, you both dont deal with anything the affair, the misscarage, for most people thats just life and they deal, but you guys have to uproute everything, and drag everyone across the counrty, so i'll start trying when you stop living in a fantasy land where you didn't cheat on mom, and that we're a perfect family, goodbye" she slammed the car door.

Violet studdied the Westfield High School sign as she walked closer to the doors. Kids were scrambling everywhere. "i'm about to enter the gates of hell" Violet thought to herself. She opened the school door and continued down the hallway until she made her way to her locker the front office lady showed her when they came down to inroll Violet in school. "45, 9, 15" she recited the numbers in her head until the lock clicked and the door opened. The locker was filled with the text books the office lady gave her, and Violet's schedule. She picked it up, Period One: Film as Litterature. Mr. Smith. 305. She closed the locker door and headed to 305.

As Violet walked, she stared at the ground. She didn't like making eye contact with people, especially these low life's. Suddenly, she fell to the ground scattering her books across the hallway. "Watch where the fuck your going" a tall brunette girl said as she walked over Violet. "Hey Leah, you should be a little bit nicer to the new girl" a voice shouted. "Suck it Langdon" Leah said continuing down the hallway. Violet looked over at Tate who was making his way to help her up. She blushed as he reached his hand out to help her up. "Thanks" she smiled looking at his Westfield High School track sweatshirt. "No problem, don't worry about Leah she's just a bitch, what class are you going to?" Tate smiled. Violet studied his dimples. Um 305" She pointed in the direction she was going. "No shit? I'm headed to that class too" he smiled. Violets eyes lit up. "come on" he said gesturing Violet toward the class room.