17

"Naina is prepping for an acting competition at college the next day, and Aahan has been assigned the role of Naina's friend. Naina was practicing her acting when Lalita interrupted with a 'hello.'

"Hey, talked to Aahan yet?"

"Yeah, I want to talk but there's something weird going on. I think Aahan's hiding something. Will you help me?"

Lalita heard the whole plan and then said, "Whatever you say, I'm in."

"Why though? You could refuse."

Lalita smiled and said, "I want a reward, that's all."

"Hmm, what kind of reward?" Naina asked, eyebrows furrowed in concern.

Lalita chuckled, "A hug or a hangout at my place."

"Okay, not at your place, we'll meet outside, and a hug is confirmed," Naina replied.

Lalita hugged her and said, "I should've asked for an advance reward."

Fear was evident on Lalita's face, but Naina smiled and returned the hug. Lalita face feel relaxed.

Meanwhile, Aahan was practicing acting alone. Lalita approached Aahan and said, "Hey Aahan."

"Hey, how did the thought of the most beautiful girl pop into my head?"

"Stupid, I think Naina's up to something with someone. I saw her with someone last night."

"She must be with Meera Dee."

"How can you trust her?"

"You're becoming her friend today, I'm the old one, I know what she wants, I know everything."

A message came to Aahan's phone, and Aahan hid his phone and texted Teena, "Coming."

Lalita was suspicious of Aahan.

Lalita thought, "Why waste time on this duffer?"

Lalita followed him, and Aahan met Teena.

Lalita is watching all this from the nearby table, wearing a mask and a cap on her head.

Teena said, "Do you really think she's in love with someone else?"

Aahan replied, "Yes, she is. Her happiness is my happiness."

Teena said, "Let's plan their date, and listen, you're a good guy, you'll find someone better than Naina. Naina did wrong."

"Naina...(wait 3 seconds) there's no one like her."

Teena looked towards the coffee cups and said, "If you look closely, you might find someone."

Aahan said, "I don't want to see anyone." (Aahan was just imagining Naina)

Teena was looking at Aahan's eyes. Teena suddenly felt jealous, for some reason.

"I'm your friend too, will you watch a movie with me?"

"Okay, but Naina really likes horror movies."

Teena thought in anger, "Has he turned into Devdas? It's better if I shoot Meera, these two will be happy. Naina, Naina, Naina. Wait, what's happening to me? I shouldn't get so angry for Aahan."

Teena, annoyed, said, "I love someone."

"Who is it?"

"Well, there isn't actually anyone because that idiot loves someone else."

"Is he in college?"

"Yes, but why would you help me?"

Teena thought, "Why did I say that? I'm looking at my friend's boyfriend in a wrong way. I should see him as a brother."

Worry appeared on Teena's face as if she had done something wrong.

Aahan looked at Teena's face and said, "you will find your love, maybe he'll be get jealous during the date and say something."

Teena shouted, "No, that's a terrible idea. You and me on a date? I'll see you as a brother."

Aahan, surprised, said, "Alright, don't shout, my eardrums might burst... Naina."

Teena angrily said, "Again with Naina."

As Teena started to leave, Aahan grabbed her hand.

"Give me a chance, I won't be such a bad boyfriend. Forgive me if I couldn't understand you."

Teena's heart was pounding because after hearing all this in shock, she spoke after 6 minutes,

"Listen Aahan, why are you good?" (With a sweet smile.)

Teena left, and Lalita figured everything out. Aahan was looking at his phone, scrolling through pictures of Naina. Meanwhile, Naina was anxiously waiting for a call in college, remembering yesterday's incident that still made her heart race.

Naina was in a state of confusion, sitting on a bench, she muttered to herself, "Seriously, who calls friends like that? Why would Meera keep a name like 'JAAN' for me? I'm her best friend; she must have kept something special for me. I'm overthinking."

Naina glanced at her phone and decided to change Meera's name from "Magnet Queen" to "MEERA" in her contact list.

Last night memory is running in Naina's brain.......

 Naina picked up her phone. Both Meera and Naina were silent. Naina called Meera.

"Why did you call me? And why is my name saved as 'JAAN' on your phone?" 

Meera asked. "What? 'JAAN' I liked it so I save it in my phone. What did you save my name as? Tell me now." (Meera pretended to be angry to stop her from talking)

Naina, feeling flustered, said, "I don't like lying, so... (Naina closed her eyes and said in one breath) Ever since I saw you, I've had a crush on you because you looked beautiful, like an angel."

Meera tried to control her laughter; her cheeks were blushing. She silently glanced many times at Naina. Naina didn't look at Meera even once, she just stared out of the window.

Meera said, "home."

"Thank you, Meera. Please don't be mad at me, I couldn't control all this," Naina said.

Meera opened the door for Naina and said, "Come on, crush." (Trying to control her laughter)

"You're enjoying this, aren't you? I'm not even able to understand who I am." (Angrily, puffing up like an angry bird)

"I'm so sorry, you could be bisexual, having a crush isn't a bad thing. I'm happy to know this because your eyes are better than mine and you shouldn't have felt this way because you look better than me."

"You're lying. The guys in college look at Lalita, and who am I? What's this about being bisexual?"

"Hahaha, if you broke up with Aahan, and now you're asking me out. You like both boys and girls. you can date either one."

"Date? Marriage?"

Meera said with a laugh, "Do you want to marry me?" with a big smile.

"That wasn't my point, because a girl can't marry another girl, it's against the law." (Naina is still talking without looking at Meera in anger)

"Against the law? Since when does your heart follow the law? Look, you don't want to marry a girl, don't worry. As soon as Aahan comes home, I'll talk to him."

Naina started to leave the car. Meera was standing near the door; Naina could strongly feel Meera's body scent. She could see Meera's smile, a different spark in her cheeks, hope in her eyes. Naina's life was moving slowly at that moment, she noticed everything from Meera's eyes to her lips while getting out of the car. Meera was carefully watching Naina to make sure she got out of the car safely.

Naina was about to fall, a stone came under her feet because her gaze was towards Meera. Meera caught her and Naina came back to the present.

Naina puts her hand on her heart, then Lalita comes and sits next to her on the nearby bench, saying, "The truth about Aahan is out."