23

Naina woke up, it was morning, Meera wasn't nearby, my eyes were hurting, where is Meera?

Naina got freshened up, went outside, and saw everyone having breakfast, Meera was being fed by Shahnaz, Naina didn't let Shahnaz feed her.

Meera was looking at me as if I had done something wrong, but I told Teena I need to talk to her, Teena was being fed by Lalita, Lalita said "just finish this and go".

Lalita saw Naina, she was behaving quite strangely, Lalita thought she would try to talk to Naina and find out what's going on.

Naina had been standing and observing everyone for a while, there were no empty chairs so Meera held Naina's hand and made her sit on her lap.

"Eat something, why have you been standing for so long?"

Naina's heart is racing faster than light, her body immediately heats up, and she starts sweating behind her ears. Everyone is absorbed in their own world; Aahan and Jay are arguing, Lalita and Teena are busy, Shahnaz is laughing but pretending not to watch, and Yukati is giving the same reaction.

Naina tries to get up but fails.

"Meera, you joke around, but I'm not hungry," Naina says.

Meera breaks off a piece of bread and offers it to me. Naina thinks for a moment, "She's feeding me again with her hand. I can't go crazy again. Why do I feel this way? It's like Meera has possessed me. I can't say no to her."

Despite her thoughts, Naina gathers the courage to get up. Teena and Lalita, still arguing, get up from the table, and then everyone slowly follows suit. Naina sits on the seat opposite Meera, who is still sitting. Meera is eating so slowly, why? Naina places an order, and Meera eats comfortably, her attention mostly on her phone.

Naina asks hesitantly, "Will you eat anything else?"

Meera responds, "Huh?"

Naina said, "Nothing."

Meera picked up the plate and placed it on the seat next to Naina, who was trying to smile to show everything was okay.

"Naina, we have tracking today, make sure you eat well," Meera said.

"Yes, Meera, you too. I was thinking... uh... " Naina trailed off as she looked towards Meera.

"What were you thinking?" Meera asked.

In her mind, Naina was saying and feeling anxious, "What was I about to say? I forgot. Looking at Meera, I feel like I want to faint. Why does she seem so intimidating to me? Why can't I speak? Whenever I try to speak, I just want to look into her eyes. I feel like I have nothing to say."

Naina watches Meera eat salad with a fork, forgetting that she wanted to say something. She watches how Meera's lips, adorned with red lipstick, touch the fork.

Naina is saying to herself, "I've become pervert. What's happening to me? After last night, I didn't even want to look at myself in the mirror, and now I'm doing even worse things."

Naina's breakfast arrives, she had ordered oatmeal pizza. She thought Meera was going to scold her, but then Meera took a slice of pizza and said something.

"Yum, pizza is love, what do you think?" Meera asked with a smile.

Naina giggled, seeing Meera enjoying the pizza like a kid. "How long has it been since you've had pizza? It's like you've never tasted it before," Meera commented.

"I've never had pizza for breakfast, but it's been about ten years since I've had it. I've always been on a diet," Naina replied.

In her mind, Naina thought, "That's why I'm in this state."

After finishing her meal, Meera encouraged, "Come on, finish up. that's why I'm sitting here. I've been sitting here for so long and you still haven't started eating. What's on your mind?"

"Nothing! eating," Naina said, feeling a bit overwhelmed.

As Naina finished her pizza, Meera continued attending her meeting on the phone. Naina completed her meal, washed her hands, and Teena approached her, saying, 

"Naina, let's talk now," just as Lalita arrived.

Lalita asked, "Why do you look stressed, Naina? What happened?"

Naina suggested, "Both of you, come to the side; I need to talk urgently."

They moved aside to talk while Meera was still engaged in her meeting.

With closed eyes, Naina started, "I think... I think... I... I..."

Teena interrupted playfully, "You love me?"

Naina playfully hit Teena on the head.

Lalita asked with a grin, "Me? You love me?"

Teena hit Lalita on the head.

Both of them were holding their heads, checking for any pain with their hands.

With a smile, Naina said, "I need help.

Teena said, "Speak up! why are you hesitating?"

Looking at Meera, Naina said, "I think I'm in love with Meera."

Lalita and Teena chuckled, saying, "Stop kidding."

Lalita added, "Meera won't even give you a second glance, have you seen the age difference between you two?"

Teena agreed, "Lalita's got a point."

Annoyed, Naina said, "Are you guys my friends or enemies? Can't you support me?"

Teena reassured Naina, "Okay, what do you want? Tell us."

After hearing Naina's plan, they both responded together, "What kind of old, worn-out movie plot is this? It's a terrible idea."

Teena remarked, "Fake dating to make her jealous? Who would do that, Lalita? Definitely not. She is mine."

Lalita looked shocked at Teena, "What? Teena!"

Teena confessed, "I think I'm in love with you."

Surprised, Lalita asked, "When? Why? Weren't you in love with Aahan?"

Teena lowered her gaze and said, "I don't know how to do drama. I just know that if you're with me, I'll be happy. Aahan was nice, but there wasn't love with him, maybe I was just learning. I know what's in my heart, there's no confusion. Remember the burger date? It left a big hole in my heart, a dark hole of love."

Lalita, feeling tense, said, "You've put our friendship in jeopardy. I don't love you."

Tears were about to come out of Teena's eyes.

Lalita pretended, "Ok, let's date!" (Teena hugged the teddy bear, and Lalita stopped her) "But I need time to get to know each other."

In her mind, Lalita thought, "Teena has faced a lot of rejection. Maybe I'll tell her the truth someday, but for now, this is the right thing to do. I can't bear to see her sad; she's my only good friend."

Naina, angry, said, "What's going on with you two? Will anyone help me?"

Just then, Meera was coming towards Naina. Naina said with her eyes, "Meera is coming." Both of them left, and Meera asked, "Naina, what's wrong? Is everything okay?"

Naina said, "I need to talk... (taking a deep breath) I think ilogdvdfdhbu wait, I mean ilovyfgdtdhfvdjhgfghu."

Meera started laughing, "What language is that?"

Naina thought to herself, "You can do it, Naina, one more tries."

Naina's eyes gleamed with determination, as if she were about to sprint in a marathon, ready to run this time.