27

The next day.

Aahan called Jay to his house for the first time. Jay had no idea why Aahan had called him over, but his heartbeat was racing. He tried to keep his face expressionless as he rang the doorbell.

Aahan opened the door, and Jay blurted out, "Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!"

Aahan felt shy. 

"Finally, you shaved!" (Jay is belting out words like a rock star on stage!)

Aahan looked at himself in the mirror again, and Jay came up behind him.

"Hey, what are you looking at? You look cute." (Jay whispered in a voice so mesmerizing, it felt like the melody of a love ballad.)

Jay was standing right behind Aahan, with only about 3 inches of space between them. Aahan felt awkward being so close to Jay. Jay was busy looking at Aahan's face.

"Aahan, I had forgotten what your face looked like. You look good without shaving." (normal tone)

Aahan looked down and said, "What was your problem with me shaving? I looked so cool. So many girls were dying for me, but you always ignored me."

With sparkling eyes, Jay said, "If 1000 girls were giving you attention, why didn't you take it? Why did you shave for me?"

Aahan looked for a moment, as if he was lost in Jay's eyes then said, "Shut up, Jay! Let's go. I'll make you something to eat. Mom's not home, so I can make some tea." 

"Wait a minute, I like the way your face looks in the mirror."

Aahan said angrily, "Jay, you're taking advantage of me. Get away."

"You're fine cutie. Okay, I did not take advantage of you. I was just smelling your neck."

Aahan kicked Jay's leg. "No flirting with me!"

Jay picked up his leg and looked at it.

"You kicked so hard! Were you a wrestler in your past life?" (Jay is screaming in pain)

Aahan smiled and went to make tea. Jay didn't notice Aahan's smile.

"The grumpy one is always sad. I wish I was Naina, then my life wouldn't be so painful. He doesn't give me even a little bit of respect" (Jay said to himself.)

Naina heard Jay's voice and chuckled.

"What are these people doing? If Mom hears this voice, she'll think something wrong is going on."

Naina came out, she was about to ring Aahan's doorbell when someone else rang the bell. Naina looked to see who was about to ring the bell with her, and when she saw Meera, it was as if her breath stopped. Naina's legs trembled and she was about to fall. Meera didn't have any expression, she saw Naina falling, so she caught her. But Meera was wearing high heels, and while trying to catch Naina, she herself fell.

Naina reached out her hand but Meera didn't even look at her. Meera got up on her own and rang the bell.

Jay opened the door.

Seeing Naina and Meera face to face, Jay said, "OMG you guys and together? Am I so handsome that two girls have come to meet me?"

Meera pushed Jay aside and started searching for her work-related file in her room, giving Jay a look of disinterest.

 Naina said to Jay, "Whatever you guys were doing, please do it quietly. People live in this neighborhood."

"Me? We weren't doing anything."

"Don't lie, I heard the noise."

"That scream? That's not what you think it is, He hit very hard le.....""

Meera came out, with her file in her hand and left.

Naina said, "Loudly? I don't want to know the details. Please!!!!"

Naina said this, closed her ears and also came out. Meera was leaving and Naina was watching her, Meera didn't look back even once. 

Jay told Aahan, "Naina came, Aahan."

"What did she say?"

"She was saying we should slow down."

"What?"

"What should I do slowly?"

"Shut up, crazy. What did you tell her?"

"I told her you hit my legs."

"Did she hear clearly?" (Aahan said nervously)

"Yes, Cutie."

Aahan placed the tea cups and said, "Movie?"

"Let's do it."

They started watching the movie and drinking tea.

Naina stood there for a while, hoping Meera would come back, but she didn't expect her to. She went back home. As she opened her book, she saw the scene of Meera falling and started laughing.

Meera opened her file and glanced at it. She had been typing something on her office laptop, picking up her phone a few times and then putting it down. Her secretary asked, "Do you need anything, ma'am?"

"No, don't bother me."

"I'm so sorry, ma'am."

"It's okay, thank you for asking."

Meera gets a call and gets busy on the call.

Teena is sleeping in her room when the doorbell rings. Teena opens the door in her sleep and closes it as soon as she sees Lalita. Teena is shocked.

Lalita is holding flowers in her hands. "You look like a lotus!"

Lalita's smile is still on her face. Teena washes her face quickly and puts on lipstick and makeup, and fixes her hair before opening the door.

"Hi," Teena says with an attitude.

"Hi Teena! These flowers are from me. You forgot today is my birthday."

"So why did you bring a gift? So sorry! Happy birthday," Teena says, shaking Lalita's hand.

"Can I come in?"

"No! I told you, we're never talking again!"

"It's my birthday, please."

"Are you telling the truth? Show me your Aadhar card."

"Teenaaaaaa"

"Fine, come in."

Teena hugs Lalita and kisses her on the cheek.

"You are the sweetest!"

"Stay away from me," Teena says, wiping her cheek.

"We are friends, and I will always be your friend! You have been very selfish. I need you. You will stay with me from tomorrow, otherwise..."

"Otherwise what?"

"Please, it's my birthday."

"I've come to the point where love and friendship are no longer possible. When I see you, I want to kiss you. Your hair seems to fly in slow motion in front of me."

"You shouldn't have told me so much truth. You can kiss me too, but come back into my life. Friends with benefits?"

"What? Do you think I'm that kind of girl?"

"No, so sorry! I just thought I'd say it."

Teena pretends to be angry and says, "Okay, friends with benefits is fine, but you will have lunch with me and you can stay with me if you want."

"You are very bad!" There were tears in Lalita's eyes, as if she thought Teena would never agree.

Teena hugged Lalita. Teena wiped Lalita's tears and said in her mind, "I am also caught up in our fight. I was just waiting for an opportunity, you came to convince me again. My anger has cooled down a long time ago, I just want our friendship, to hell with this love. Because of this love, I didn't talk to you for so many days, I hurt myself and Lalita too. Yes, love is useless if it breaks friendship. Anyway, friendship is above all. I don't want to fight with Lalita anymore. I will never think about love again."