Chapter 1: The Zoom Call

Allison's POV:

I woke up to the sun rising outside my window. I looked at the clock, it read 5:23. I got out of bed and opened my window. I climbed out and I was now on the roof. My room was on the second floor, so I walked up so I was on top of the house and watched the sunrise. I snapped a picture on my phone and posted it.

madison_Pankow

5:27, Sunrise on the roof @Madison_Pankow

396,758 views 67,086 comments

User_3674: So pretty!

User_847: Where do you live?

User_5794: OMG, BEUTIFULLL

User_2849: I wish that was me

I looked at my phone, it was now 6:02. I got up and climbed back through the window and into my room. It wasn't unusual for me to be up this early. I was a morning person. I loved how everything was fresh and new in the morning, it was too early for there to be any problems. Today was the day I would find out if I got the part in a movie, I had auditioned for a few months earlier. I had made it to the last audition and at 10:00 am today I would join a zoom call and find out whether I got the role or not. I was nervous.

I decided to go for a run to distract myself. I changed into a plain black t-shirt and dark green spandex shorts. I tied my hair back into a high ponytail and slipped on my running shoes. I quietly skipped down the stairs and out the door. I ran to the nearest coffee shop and arrived just as it was opening. It was almost seven o'clock.

I walked in and ordered. "Hi, Can I have one Ice Coffee to go" I say to the tired girl behind the counter. She nods and smiles at me before turning around to make my coffee. A few minutes later she comes back and hands me my drink. "That will be $4.50" she said. I handed her a ten-dollar bill and said, "Keep the change, make yourself a coffee". She smiles and says, "Thank you, I'm not a morning person". "That's too bad" I reply. I walk towards the door. "Have a nice day" she says. "You too" I say as I walk out the door.

I ran back home and by the time I got there it was 7:30 am. I ran up to my brother's bedroom and filled up a cup of water, then I splashed him from a few feet away. He flew up screaming "What the hell?!". I fell on the floor laughing.

Rudy stared at me, a hint of mischievousness in his eyes. Then, he picked me up and threw me on the bed tickling me. I screamed because I am extremely ticklish. Eventually he stops and says, "You can just shake me awake next time". I stared at him in shock and replied, "Last time I tried to wake you up you bit me!".

He rolled his eyes and got up. "You have that zoom meeting in a couple hours" he said. "I know" I replied. We went downstairs and ate breakfast. I turned on the news and quickly finished my cereal. The zoom meeting was in an hour and a half, so I went upstairs and took a quick shower and changed into a pair of shorts and a nicer shirt.