Chapter 4: TV parents

I woke up at 7 am today. I rolled over in my bed to see Mckenna dead asleep in her bed.

I rolled back over and picked up my phone. It would be 9 am in Houston. Rudy should be awake, though I know he isn't one to get up early.

I decided to try to text him since I hadn't been able to yesterday.

____________________________________

RUDY

Madison
Rudyy
You awake
You had better not still be asleep
Dude

Rudy
What

Madison
Sorry
Just wanted to let you know that your little sister made it to LA safely

Rudy
Cool it with the sass

Madison
Sorry, I was born this way

Rudy
Unfortunately

Madison
Whatever
Just telling you so you don't complain later

Rudy
Ok
Great
I'll call you later
I'm going back to sleep

Madison
Nooo
Get up
*read at 7:06*

____________________________________

I

groan quietly so that I don't wake up Mckenna. Rudy needs to learn how to get up before 11:00 am.

I got out of bed and went to my backpack. I dug around the several books I had in there until I found the one I was looking for. I pulled out 'The Summer I Turned Pretty'.

I loved the book. I personally think that it is better than the T.V show, but thats just my opinion.

I open the book and start reading despite having already read it several times.

After some time I heard Mckenna's phone's alarm go off. She groaned and rolled over to stop it. She got out of bed and looked at me. "Why are you awake" she asked, her voice groggy.

"I've been awake for an hour" I said. She looked at me "what is wrong with you?" She walked into the bathroom and I laughed. I got out of bed and picked out my clothes for the day. I decided to wear shorts since it was over 90 degrees outside.

Mckenna came out of the bathroom ten minutes later so I went in and brushed my teeth and washed my face. I sprayed a bit of perfume that I had gotten at Bath & Body Works.

When I came out of the bathroom I asked Mckenna "Do you know if the boys are awake? We need to eat breakfast and be at the studio at 10:30 to meet the rest of the cast."

"I don't know we should probably go wake them up" she said.

We left our room and walked to theirs. I knocked on the door. No answer. Then I pulled out the extra key card we had been given and unlocked the door. We walked in and saw the boys sprawled out on each of their beds snoring lightly.

I sighed as I walked over to Mason. I pushed him slightly and he groaned into his pillow. "Five more minutes" he mumbled. "No, get up" I said firmly as I pulled of his covers. I walked over to the curtains and opened them while Mckenna coaxed Mason out of bed.

Mason let out a hiss "Geez." "You're not a vampire" I retaliated. "When were you in the military" he said snarkily. "In 2021 preparing to film Spiderman: No Way Home" I said. That shut him up.