Missing Friend, Busy Schedule

It had been a few weeks since Dianna went on that mission with Isaac and they had found out Lily was still alive. She had wanted to speak with and check on her new friend since their untimely departure, but the league had kept her busy and Dinah communicated he was still in recovery.

This is the same Dinah who seemed all too eager, in ushering her out the door when Isaac was injured. Dianna's curiosity about Dinah's behavior grew with each passing day. She wondered why Dinah had been so insistent on keeping her away from Isaac during his recovery. Was there something more to the story? Dianna couldn't shake off the feeling that there was a hidden agenda at play.

That's when it clicked in her brain. Jealousy, specifically Dinah was jealous of how physically close both she and Isaac had gotten. It was all for the sake of mission but it would seem Dinah would not accept that as a good reason.

"I still want to check on him all the same..." Dinah thought aloud.

"Check on who?" She turned her head around and noticed Batman standing at the entrance to the hallway.

"Isaac," Dianna replied, trying to hide her surprise at Batman's sudden appearance. "I simply want to see how he's doing after the mission. I know Dinah said he was still recovering, but I thought a friendly visit wouldn't hurt."

Batman silently observed Dianna for a moment, his penetrating gaze making her feel like he could see right through her. Finally, he spoke in his characteristic low voice, "If Dinah saw he shouldn't be getting any visitors then that's just the way it's going to have to be. Doctors orders."

"...Can you stop me from going?"

Batman paused and narrowed his eyes, "No," he answered honestly. Dinah smiled and walked past him, humming a tune and smiling as she continued her walk. "It'll be fine, Bruce."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's it Kaldur! Quick, strong, and with no mercy! You must fight your enemy with all these traits if you want to win."

Isaac was currently sparring with Kaldur, keeping the promise he made just a few weeks ago. The two were looking into a further escalating sparring match, although Isaac was still recovering from injuries, his arm might've been in a sling but that didn't slow him down one bit.

"Wow, Isaac is strong isn't she?" Flash commented, that the rest of the team was off to the side watching the sparring match.

"Yeah and this is him in an arm sling, imagine him fighting at full strength," Megan responded. Fighting with a major hindrance as it was, it's truly something impressive, the ability to push himself past such limits. Something Megan took note of.

"Yeah like Megan said, this isn't even close to his max. He might be the best fighter I've ever seen," Artemis commented.

As the spar continued, Isaac's movements became more fluid and precise. His years of training were evident as he effortlessly countered Kaldur's attacks, dodging and parrying with expert skill. Each strike carried a calculated force, demonstrating both strength and control. The team watched in awe, their admiration for Isaac growing with every move. Dinah, who had made her way to the training area unnoticed, stood at the edge of the ring, her eyes fixed on Isaac.

Isaac, sensing Dinah's presence, briefly glanced in her direction before refocusing on his sparring partner. A spark of determination flickered in his eyes as he delivered a lightning-fast series of strikes. Kaldur struggled to keep up, his defenses gradually breaking down under Isaac's relentless assault.