Chapter 34

_ . _

Chapter 34

(A/N: Not me updating when there are finals on my major subject tomorrow, LOL)

"...Talk about?"

Despite his confusion, Apollo followed Samael to the waiting carriage in the rear of the Olympus Palace, where a guard was standing by the gate. With a smile, Apollo assured the guard that Samael and the others would not hurt him, and the guard simply nodded. Following that encounter, Apollo put his palm on the guard's forehead, causing a golden light to surface on his palm and the guard to collapse to the ground.

"Do not worry, no one comes to this place too much," Apollo said, turning to face Samael. "I erased his memories of seeing us exit the palace."

"Well, your way is more convenient. I was about to threaten him so that he wouldn't report our appearance anyway," Samael shrugged, raising his eyebrows.

Apollo only smiled in return. Ishtal escorted him inside the carriage, while she and Raya rode to another carriage that Raya had prepared in advance. The pegasus started galloping away from the palace, heading to an unknown place, as Samael and Apollo stared at each other inside.

He told me we have a lot to talk about... He's not even saying anything... I'm scared. Apollo whispered inside his mind as he forced a smile on his face. When he fixed his gaze on Samael, he realized that Samael was glowering at him, deep in his thoughts. Apollo immediately lowered his gaze and opened his trembling mouth to speak, "Where is Eros?"

"I locked him up."

"Wha---" Apollo abruptly stood up and looked at Samael with a frown on his face. "How could you lock him up? Did he do something wrong to you?"

Samael arched his brows. "Am I obliged to say that to you? I saved him; I can do whatever I want to him."

"That's not how it works!" Apollo exclaimed.

Samael rested his chin on his hand as he leaned on the chair inside the carriage, glaring at Apollo as he replied, "So, what would work?" he said in a sarcastic voice. "Should I let him wander around Olympus so he could be raped by his stepbrothers again? What if that happens? Will you do something about it?" Hearing those words, Apollo was rendered speechless. He seemed to have calmed down as he slowly sat back in the chair with a conflicted expression.

"I was just..." Apollo bit his lips and fidgeted his fingers, wearing a hesitant expression mixed with a hint of guilt. "I am worried about him."

"If you're worried, then tell me every piece of information I need," Samael said with his lips curving into a small smile.

Apollo lifted his gaze and replied, "You'll let me see him?"

Samael grinned. "I never go back on my word. But in return, you will answer all of my questions. truthfully."

Apollo nodded in response. "Alright, I will abide by your condition."

Samael leaned his head back and breathed heavily as he slowly closed his eyes. "Good." It's annoying that my back hurts. 

Abruptly opening his eyes, Samael glowered at Apollo, speaking in a warning tone. "I'll kill you if you lie to me. I have my eyes used for observing, you see."

Apollo flinched and hesitantly replied, "I won't lie. I promise..."

"Killing you won't be that hard," Samael said with a smile. "We're in the air right now. It's just you and me inside this carriage. No one will know a thing if I clean up after your body without a hint of evidence."