Chapter Seventeen: Trapped on Thunderbird Five!

[A Few Days Later - The Day Before The Twins' Birthday]

Luna had been up in Thunderbird Five with John for a few days. They were really bonding as Uncle and Niece. He had shown her all his favorite stars and constellations. Luna was really starting to get her favorites as well. John and Luna sat staring down at the earth.

"You're right, uncle John." Luna states.

"About what?" John asks.

"The Earth's been around for four and a half billion years but this view never gets old. I can't believe that Mommy, Daddy, Willow and Miles are down there. And uncles Virgil, Gordon, Alan, Brains, Auntie Kayo, Auntie Penelope, Grandma Tracy and Mr. Parker." Luna explains.

"Yep. You better believe it, kiddo." John replies. John gets up with a stretch and heads into the Holo-Earth room, as Luna called it.

"The day has officially begun. Hmm. That's odd. No distress calls." John says as he looks at the Holo-Earth before heading into the breakfast hall, "I may actually get to finish my bagel for once." John presses the button to get one dispensed to him and he goes to take a bite before another one hits him in the face.

"Ouch. Luna that wasn't nice." John explains.

"I didn't do anything, Uncle John, honest." She explains. John looked over and she was across the room. John looks back at the dispenser. It starts shooting out bagels and John sighs when one bagel hits the anti-gravity button.

"Uh-Oh." Luna states and she and John start to lift up because of zero gravity activating.

"Not how I'd figure I'd be spending my morning." John says with a sigh before he turns off the alarm and contacts Tracy Island, "Tracy Island, I'd like to report a false alarm." He gets nothing, but static.

"Hmm, strange." John says and pulls up a hologram of Thunderbird Five, "Huh? The AE-35 unit is out. I'm not receiving any signals from Earth. Guess I don't get to finish that bagel after all."

"What's that mean, Uncle John?" Luna asks.

"It means that even if someone had an emergency, we couldn't hear them." John explains.

"Uh-Oh." Luna replies. Distress signals are heard as Thunderbird Five wasn't receiving them.

[Ten Minutes Later]

John flies out of Thunderbird Five and drifts for a few moments. He opens his eyes with a smile and as his back is turned, the hatch is closed. Luna stayed inside ready to press buttons that John needed her to press.

"Okay, time to get to work." John says as he flies over to the AE-Unit box, "Opening Comms Array." He looks inside to find AE-35 fully operational.

"What? AE-35 is fully functional." John says and looks over at the hatch, "Hmm." He flies over to it and beats on the hatch door.

"Come on. Computer open AFT hatch." John says, and nothing happens, "Odd. Command repeat, Computer open AFT hatch." He blinks confused and goes to do it manually and he's shocked lightly.

"Ah..." John mutters.

"Uncle John?" Luna asks.

"Luna, hit the button to open the door." John explains and Luna runs over to but the gravity ring activates and makes her go flying back due to the zero gravity.

"Luna, this isn't the time for games." John explains.

"I'm not trying to!" Luna exclaims and tries to fly over to the door before something grabs the back of her sash and drags her away, "Uncle John!"