Chapter Nine: Daddy's Radiation Adventure!

"Scott." Phoebe calls out.

"Yes?" Scott asks as he walks over towards her.

"I'm having a craving." Phoebe explains.

"Oh?" Scott asks.

"We need to pop over to my hometown. I need a chili cheese dog from a restaurant there." Phoebe explains.

"Right." Scott replies and laughs. They head out and get Phoebe's craving. They were on their way back and Phoebe was enjoying her craving when Scott got a call from John.

"Morning, John, what's up?" Scott asks.

"Astronomical radon Gas readings. That's what." John explains.

"Come again?" Phoebe asks.

"Oh, you've got Phoebe with you... Do you want to dispatch Thunderbird Two?" John explains.

"What's the problem, John?" Scott asks.

"Radiation. I'm picking up a huge spike somewhere in Southern Africa." John tells them, "And it's rising faster than you can say 'catastrophic fallout'." Scott thinks about it.

"We're closer than Thunderbird Two." Scott explains.

"Yes, but you do also have your pregnant wife with you." John explains.

"We have a situation. That comes first. Not me. I've got my suit on and I can wear my helmet while we're there. Reduce any possible effects that may harm the baby." Phoebe explains.

"Phoebe's right..." Scott replies.

"Dispatch Thunderbird Two just in case Scott needs help and I can't provide backup." Phoebe explains.

"F-A-B." John explains.

[Five Minutes Later - Tracy Island]

Virgil and Brains sat in the mission deployment lounge room. Scott, John and Phoebe were in hologram form looking at everything.

"Sorry, guys, satellite feed isn't telling me a whole lot more." John explains, "It's an unpopulated area, thankfully."

"And no power plants?" Scott asks in hologram form with Phoebe and John.

"Negative." John confirms, "Besides, no one's used nuclear power in decades."

"It's strange. There's no sign of any kind of explosion." Phoebe explains as she was looking at the readouts.

"Nice to know you're not flying my sister-in-law and my nephew into a mushroom cloud." Virgil explains. Scott rolls his eyes.

"She's tougher than she looks." Scott explains.

"How's the girls' lessons?" Phoebe asks.

"The girls are in the middle of a test." Brains explains.

"At least they'll be distracted from wanting to go with Uncle Virgil." Phoebe mutters.

"The point is that the radiation gotta be coming from somewhere." Scott explains.

"I'll call Gordon and Alan back." John suggests.

"No, we'll take a look and report back." Scott explains, "Thanks, Thunderbird Five."

"F-A-B." John explains.

Virgil runs over and stands in front of a picture of a rocket behind his father's desk. He stands against it and after it slowly falls back he slides back and his shoulders are grabbed by a metal contraption as the picture closes. His face is shown up close as the machine holding him changes his clothes. His gloves and boots are placed on him before he's spun around and brought to Thunderbird Two where he closes the hatch. He grabs the Module box labeled two before he moves Thunderbird Two into position to launch. Thunderbird Two launches from Tracy Island.