How it all began III

Hyunjin put his hand on top of the one on his shoulder and stood up. He turned around to see Raguel watching him mourn.

He watched as the Angel’s eyes widened in shock and fear. He watched as his halo fell to the ground and shattered into pieces. He watched as the Angel in front of him let the sword drop.

He watched as he saw his own reflection in the other’s wide eyes.
The only thing he saw was anger.

Before he knew it he had grabbed Raguel by the throat. He smashed him to the ground and stood behind him.

“Why?” He growled. “You’re supposed to be the Angel of Justice.” He roughly grabbed the stems of the Angel’s wings. He heard commotion around them, but nobody managed to step forward and help the higher Angel.

“He deserved it.” Raguel said, fear lacing his voice.

That was the last straw for Hyunjin. In a quick movement he placed his foot on the back of Angel.

The next thing he knew he was standing with two broken off wings in his hand, a broken and screaming Raguel beneath him on the ground.

He felt what he thought were at least a hundred hands pinning him down to the ground.

“Enough!” A loud female voice yelled. It was a deep, soothing voice, but it was like gasoline on Hyunjin’s fire.

Everybody immediately obeyed. Hyunjin was let go of and he crawled on both his feet, facing the person that was standing in front of him.

He saw a small layer of red appear in front of his eyes, but he was much too mad to care. His head was burning in pain and his wings were cramped up for some reason.

“Tie him up.” God said.

The angels that were looking at Hyunjin in fear didn’t hesitate for a moment. He screamed in agony as he felt the metal chains burning in his skin.

“Hyunjin.” God said. Their eyes were soft and their voice laced with disappointment.
“Don’t.” Hyunjin looked to the ground. He felt his heart churning at the thought of his now gone lover, and yet again he felt tears streaming down his cheeks.

“He was innocent.” Hyunjin choked up.
“He wasn’t though.” God answered. Their sweet voice only fueling Hyunjin’s building anger.

“Why did you let this happen?” He sobbed.
“I can’t intervene with everything that takes place. If it’s good or bad.” They answered. Hyunjin looked up. The layer of red was thick in front of his eyes, and Hyunjin felt like he was going to kill someone soon.

“You’re pathetic.” Hyunjin snarled. The angels that were watching the scene appear gasped. God didn’t move.
“Why do you think that?” They asked.
“The only thing you care about is your reputation!” Hyunjin yelled. He felt tears rolling down in waves over his cheeks and drying in his hot neck.

“Son.” God said. Hyunjin wanted to snap back to him but held his mouth shut. “I’ll need to punish you.” They said.

“And what?” Hyunjin scoffed. “You’re going to torture me? Send me to Lucifer? I’m pretty sure we’ll be good company for each other.” Hyunjin smirked evilly. “I mean, we’re both God’s favourites gone bad, ain’t we?”

God didn’t answer. Hyunjin immediately knew he had touched the right string.

“This is why, God.” Hyunjin said. “This is why we hate you. You let the only person I held dear be killed. You could’ve stopped it but you didn’t. And now watch me.”

Hyunjin knew it was too late for him. He knew why he was seeing red. He knew why his wings were cramping up. And he knew why his head was aching.

“You haven’t seen yourself yet.” God said. “You can still turn back if you want to.” They stepped closer to Hyunjin, getting closer to their face.

“I’d rather be wiped from existence than turning back to you.” Hyunjin chuckled grimly. God sighed. With a quick whip of his hand he made a mirror appear mid air.

It was about a meter long and at least 40 centimeters wide. It had a beautiful golden lace with ancient tunes engraved in it. The mirror was spotless.

Hyunjin looked at his reflection. He had been completely aware of what he’d look like, yet he still audibly gasped.

He had huge black horns sticking out from his forehead. Tears of blood were streaming out of his eyes, turning the white of his eyes a rosy color. His irises were an evil red. He moved his body slightly and wasn’t surprised to see his white wings slowly seeping to gray and then into black.

“It’s not too late.” God said.
“Send me down.” Hyunjin sobbed. “Cut off my wings. Horns. Head. I don’t care anymore. I just want to die.” He said.

God sighed. “I will send you down. But not like this.”
Hyunjin looked up in question.

“I’ll have to make you forget.” God said.

“No.” Hyunjin felt his already destroyed world crashing down. He fell to his knees. “Don’t make me forget him too.” He felt the tears of blood streaming down his face again.

"You'll forget him, but you'll find him." God spoke. "Once you've found him you'll remember."

“I’m sorry, Hyunjin. It’s for your own good”

And with a last sob from Hyunjin everything went black.

Hyunjin woke up with a slight headache. He shot up in his bed and hadn't even noticed that he had been crying. He reached for his face and felt relieved when he saw they were simply made of salty water.

He let out s shaky sigh. He looked to his left, and looked at the sleeping male beside him. Delicate freckles covered his pretty face and his beautiful doe eyes were closed.

Hyunjin watched as the male's naked torso rose up with each breath.

Hyunjin let out another shaky breath and then inhaled sharply. It hadn't been just a dream. It had been a memory. And he knew it.

"My sweet angel." He whispered. He gently stroked a stand of hair out of Felix's face and felt another year escaping his eyes. Though this one was of happiness.

"I finally found you." He placed a delicate kiss on Felix's forehead.

"Yongbok..."