Chapter 39: The Caretaker Roll

"Wait...what?" 

"Chuck!" Newt repeated, "He's freaking the blood hell out!" 

"What am I supposed to do?" I asked, confused. When people were freaking out emotionally I was the last person people called. In the other maze it was Sonya. And here it was Newt.

"Just come on Jessie! But on some buggen' clothes and lets move!" 

Newt closed the door, and I stood still very confused. Minho stepped in front of me. I looked at him confused. 

"What...what am I supposed to do?" Suddenly panicking. 

"Hey, breathe. Just...lets get dressed and go see what the problem is. Maybe its just a spider and everyone is too scared to squish it." 

That made the side of my lip twitch. I dropped the blanket and pulled on some clothes. I turned and Minho was leaning against the dresser, his arms crossed and his eyes just about eating me up. 

"Can I help you?" 

"Just watching." He smirked. 

I rolled my eyes and threw a pillow at him. "Oh shuck you." 

"You already did." He smirked. 

I stepped closer. "Yeah I did." 

There was a bang on the door again. I groaned and turned around, grabbing an elastic, throwing my still very messy tangled hair into a messy bun I flung the door open with a growl. 

"Slim it Newt." I snapped. 

He rolled his eyes and turned. I followed him. 

"Sorry for interrupting." He said as we left the homestead. 

"No you're not." 

"Your right, I'm not!" He chuckled, "You're hair was ridiculous!" 

"It happens Newton." I shrugged,  "Especially when things get hot and heavy, clothes all over the room his hands in my hair, I can make him-"

"Okay okay! Enough!" He yelped and flapped his hand. 

"Then don't ask and zip it." 

"Just wait till Winston buggen' hears about this!" Newt grinned at me evilly. I rolled my eyes. 

"Are we discussing my love life or why you rudely interrupted it?" I snapped. 

Newt's grin dropped. He picked up the pace and led me around the kitchen and dinning area. As we got closer to the guys sleeping area, I heard the unmistakable sounds of Chuck. And he was sobbing. 

"Newt!" I reached out and grabbed his arm, making him stop, "What the hell do I do? People don't come to me for emotional support!" I panicked. 

Newt patted my hand, which was still holding his arm. "You'll do fine Love. He was asking for you." He smiled warmly at me. He pulled me gently towards the lean-to. Chuck was curled up, his face covered but he was crying hard, and hyperventilating. 

"Chuck? Jessie is here." Newt crouched down beside the kid.

I stood awkwardly to the side, my hands were sweaty and my heart was slamming against my chest. I looked to Newt for help. He just nodded, and then gestured with his head. Newt stood up and backed away. I swallowed hard and sat down beside him. 

"Hey Baby Shank." I said quietly. I gently pulled a curl, making it bounce back, "What's going on?" 

He just continued to cry hard. Okay...this is just like talking Gally down...just like when I freak out. This is just a kid having a panic attack. I took a deep breath. Closed my eyes and took a second to get myself under control.