We Kiss in the Shadows

Chapter Synopsis: 

Set during season 2, it's Arthur's birthday and there's a grand Masquerade ball with a circus company for entertainment. Amidst all the happiness and Laughter Arthur cannot take his eyes off the beautiful black haired Acro dancer in the white costume with bruises on his arms, wrists and face. 

Arthur is completely mesmerised by the boys dance and falls in love with him a little. His concern grows more when he see's the circus master dragging the boy into the stables and walks out without the boy.

*~*~*~*~*

The night Arthur was born was a happy one for King Uther and his beautiful Wife Queen Ygraine together they sat and gazed upon their beautiful baby boy and they named him Arthur and he filled their lives with happiness. But sorrow can come to any Kingdom no matter how happy and so it came to Camelot, Uther held Arthur safely in his arms as he watched his beautiful wife slowly pass away after Ygraine's passing Uther became consumed by grief and left Arthur to be cared for by the maids. 

But one day news came that another King Uther knew had died in battle and his last wish was for his daughter Morgana to go and live with Uther, and when Uther saw Morgana she reminded him of Ygraine and he came out of his grief and became the father that Arthur needed.

But Uther could never let go of the idea that it was magic that had killed his beloved wife and so as he watched Arthur grow he sent many of his knights to hunt down those he suspected of Sorcery and many he executed were just children. 

Arthur's POV:

Tonight was my 20th birthday and my father had invited nobles from other kingdoms for a glamourous Masquerade ball, I glanced down the table at my father who was sat staring into the crowds of guests he was always a little quiet on my day of my birth as it was also the day my mother sadly passed away. I was about to ask my father if he was alright when horns sounded from outside the doors and my father stood up and said 'Arthur today is your 20th birthday and I have arranged an evening of entertainment for you. I present to you Cirque De Sarousch' 

The doors opened and in walked a circus troop of firebreathers, jugglers, acrobats, dancers and magicians once all the performers were in the hall in walked the Circus leader he wore black and gold outfit with a red velvet cloak and his black hair was slicked back. The entertainment started with the firebreathers and Jugglers who showed off their impressive skills which included conjuring the shape of a dragon out of Fire. 

After a few acts there was a brief pause in the entertainment and then the Circus leader walked back into the middle of the hall he held his right hand up and turned around in a circle his magic dimming the candle light that lit the room, he turned back to face me and said 'And now Prince Arthur may I present my prettiest ornament in my Circus, my assistant Merlin'.

As the circus leader stopped talking there was a puff of red smoke and out walked a boy a year younger than myself wearing a white costume that was practically see through.