Chapter 4

“So correct me if I’m wrong, the fierce Leonardo Hamato, master of the katana’s, fainted at the knowledge of him going to be a father?” Casey teased from his place on the sofa beside a smirking Mikey. 

“Yes, but you can’t blame him. His body has been through hell plus him not seeing Raph straight away probably played with his emotions” April was quick to reply, her eyes looking over to the other sofa where Donnie was working on something but with Raph’s head in his lap, the hothead fast asleep. 

“Still it’s funny” Casey added while Mikey turned attention to the ones he called his brothers despite none of them being related. 

“D?” 

“Yes Mike” 

“How’s Raph?” the purple bandana looked up from his notebook to see the innocent blue eyes of the youngest turtle staring at him. 

“He’s okay, his fever broke an hour ago. He’s just sleeping it off” 

“Cool, do we know how far along he is? How far will he go?” Mikey asked, his excitement getting the better of him while April took notice of another presence leaning against the doorframe, yep Leo was awake after his two hour nap. 

“I believe he will go through the human cycle of nine months due to a recent discovery I have made with our blood” Donnie spoke without a thought. 

“Your blood? Why? What’s wrong?” April was quick to ask. 

“I have reason to believe we have human DNA in our mutant DNA” 

“WAIT WHAT!” Four shouts belonging to April, Casey, Mikey and lastly Leo brought all attention to Donnie who could only explain what he had found in their DNA, the recent records showing human DNA. 

Meanwhile…

“Master, I bring news” 

“Go on” 

“An ancient being has surged in old Japan bringing a power unknown to us all but in result, this power has turned all the people in the village to stone” 

“Are you sure?” 

“I am master” 

“Someone get Stockman and Tigerclaw here, NOW!” 

“Yes master Shredder” 

The foot clan ninja disappeared into the darkness leaving the kabuto mask to hide the dark expression on the face of the man beneath the mask. He prayed that this was not to be, otherwise a team up would have to happen, with the enemy, some of which he wasn’t fond of. One due to the reason behind his missing children. Two due to the truth that was more than likely going to tear the world apart. Three because he would have to reveal who he really was and why he hid under the mask of a dead man. Yes, Oroku Saki was a disguise, but why? Time would only tell. 

Back at the farmhouse…

“Raph, talk to me…” 

“What’s there to talk about…you are leaving me here to be babysat by Casey while you all go off on your spiritual journey. Why can’t I go?” Raph remarked, Leo could only sigh. It had taken a few days for the news to settle in that he was going to be a father and in this time, Leo had forbidden Raph from any sparring which was getting on the hothead’s last nerve. 

“Raph, please. We’ve had this conversation, it’s not safe. Besides, we all have to go our separate ways and…” 

“You don’t think I can take care of myself?” 

“No Raph, don’t twist my words, it’s just…” 

“You don’t trust me?” 

“I WANT TO PROTECT YOU!” Leo snapped, Raph froze, he stared at his mate in utter shock. Leo didn’t let him say anything as he continued, “Raph we have to think carefully, you are carrying a hatchling, our child. The last thing I need to think about while trying to search for my own abilities, is to worry about you or our child being in danger, I just can’t…I want you safe and if that’s at the farmhouse with Casey, at least I know you are safe. Please, just stay here until I return and then we can do yours together…”