Boardwalk Obsession

Mallory's POV.

It has been three days and three things are evident to me. Firstly, Violet was telling the truth when she said she might not leave for a while, I have barely seen her leave her room since we moved here unless she is using the phone to talk to Connor. Secondly, despite my sister's hatred for the move already I was feeling a great deal of satisfaction and freedom for the first time in my life, being away from my mom truly had cleared most of my negative feelings to the world, I pray my sister will feel the same soon. Last but not least, I have a huge crush on a man who doesn't even know I exist, I don't know anything other than his name and the stories Michael has told me yet he plagues my mind constantly. So the first few days in Santa Carla have caused a serious mix of emotions.

I sat on the oak bedroom flooring as I looked at my standing mirror, my hair sticking out in multiple different angles as I began to brush it, yawning from the lack of sleep from the night before. I had not left the house since the first night, wanting to closely monitor Violet who seemed to talk on the phone to Connor more than she spoke to me. I however managed to combat this by smoking on the front porch, knowing Michael was likely outside messing with his bike which allowed me to call over the fence resulting in us chatting for hours at a time. Michael had quickly grown to be a good friend of mine, he always knew what to say and how to help me but most of all, his stories of Santa Carla always thrilled me, it helped me combat the boredom amazingly, especially when his stories involved an extremely handsome bleach-blond man.

However, as much as life was still passing by okay today was the day that I was going to finally speak to Violet and convince her to leave at least during the day. I felt like she was missing out on so much and in turn, so was I. After finishing brushing the mop atop my head quickly pulled on a matching set of underwear, something I always did as I found it made me feel better about myself. I looked in the mirror at my body, an hourglass figure stared back at me, thick thighs jiggling as I walked to the drawers causing me to cringe internally, the in body type being those who are petite with a thigh gap and a big bust which luckily for my sister was exactly the physique she had. I found a one-piece bodysuit which had a sweetheart neckline, allowing my bust to show as every inch from my ankles to the wrist was covered in the skin-tight cotton material. I pulled on my leather jacket before stepping into my docs once more, tying them tightly to my feet before looking in the mirror once more at my slim yet curvy figure, a moment of self-hatred creeping into my mind before I turned away, determined to stop that mindset which had been engrained within me.

The ride on my bike to the boardwalk cleared my head almost instantly. I climbed off and I took a deep breath, the ocean air taking all of the sadness from my body. I scanned the area around me, the boardwalk looking drastically different than it did a few nights ago. I walked onto the wooden pier and I noticed all of the happy families upon it, all of them carrying different snack foods and bags full of items they had managed to purchase. I sighed as I weaved through the crowds, upset that I would never in a million years have the same nice family day out as all of these people were. I smiled weakly at each family I walked passed, all of them beaming with joy whether they were on holiday or lived here.

I finally reached the store I was looking for, walking in and straight to the item I was buying, sighing with relief as soon as I noticed it was still there, and another sigh of sadness as I noticed the other which I wanted for myself was still there too, not that I could afford both. I stared at the small black poodle as I decided I had to bite the bullet and buy the little fella, knowing he would bring my sister out of the depression pit she was within. "Interested?" a man asked to the left of me as I quickly turned to look at him, nodding in agreement with his question before looking down at a different dog entirely, the Cane Corso. "Is it our little grey pup you are looking to buy or the black poodle?" the man asked as I felt my angel and devil upon my shoulders argue with each other.