Sort Your Life Out

Mallory's POV.

After the dramatic entrance last night, I was sent to my bed by my younger sister, her not wanting to talk to me since I had sneaked out and also smoked some weed. I woke up as early as I could, 10.30 am. I stared at my bedroom ceiling as I worried about the morning I was going to encounter. I was living my life to the fullest and out of all of the things I had done in the past, sneaking out to smoke a joint and seeing a friend was definitely not the worst, but also when moving to Santa Carla I had promised Violet it was so I could better my life. At the moment I was my own worst enemy, and I was fully aware of that. I got out of bed quickly, brushing my teeth swiftly to get rid of the dryness within my mouth, mostly caused by the weed before I showered my body, making sure to keep my hair dry knowing it didn't need to be washed for another day, also not wanting to drag out the inevitable any longer.

After throwing on a new set of underwear, a pair of light denim cuffed jeans, and a black off-the-shoulder top which I tucked into the jeans I walked down the stairs, leaping down a few as I pulled on a pair of ankle socks, the nerves getting the better of me. I walked into the living room with my head hanging low as I noticed the other two sitting on the sofa, clearly awaiting my arrival as I sat on my usual sofa, the room fell silent as Violet turned off the TV for dramatic purposes. "Let's get this over with, huh?" I sighed as I waited to find out who was going to open their mouth first, my sister drawing me daggers as I prepared for her verbal beating but I was wrong, the other placing their hand upon my sister's thigh before they sat forward while I took a deep breath knowing this was going to be worse than I thought.

"You are late, Lory" the man stated as his deep voice seemed more stern than it ever had been, his brown curly hair falling in front of his eyes as he stared through the gaps blankly, no emotion showing. "Con, we don't need this to be an intervention. I was late because I had a shower it isn't a therapy appointment! Now, last night, I will talk about that as I know that is what Violet has an issue with but in my counterargument, it meant you two had the night alone..." I tried to crack a joke with the male who normally found me hilarious but today there was no reaction, not even a glitter in his eyes. He was a dead soul in this moment yet I was the one who was fearing for my life. "Oh, I will get there and I know my Violet will make sure you know how pissed she is. But Lory, it is disrespectful that you were late when you know how upset your sister is and that is what I am mad at" Connor crossed his arms before flicking his hair from his face in a swift moment as I nodded in acceptance of his reasoning before looking at my sister who seemed more menacing than ever and I knew it was her time to tap in.

"And I am mad because you are turning into a fucking junkie again over a MAN" she snapped and I felt my lips curl as I wanted to laugh at her raised tone but I tried my hardest to battle it. "I am not a junkie, Violet. It was one joint and I will not lie and say I will not do it again. Also, it was not because of a MAN" I mimicked her raised angry tone as she rolled her eyes and I noticed Connor began to look awkward, knowing that a full-blown sibling argument was about to erupt and he never wanted to deal with that. "Mallory, you have been doing so well and now that you are spending time with that blond asshole you are smoking marijuana again! I am so-" "Disappointed?" I interrupted as her eyes narrowed before she spat "Pissed" which caused me to laugh, unable to hold it in while the other two remained stern.

"Dear sister and soon-to-be brother-in-law, I will say this once and once only. Back home, I prostituted to get my next hit of crack which I was beginning to inject before I was hellbent on committing suicide okay? I am smoking a little bit of weed and when I do I am with a friend, it is not a bad thing and I am not going to be a danger to myself again over some plant that gets placed into a paper and smoked okay? I know I have disappointed you, Vi and I know I should have been honest and maybe you would not have been as mad but it is too late now and I actually had such a good time last night so I am not going to say I regret it either as I am not going to lie. From now on I will be transparent and open about everything that I can, okay? However, I am your older sister and this is my home. I will do as I wish but I will also be respectful and not smoke it here, deal? Also... David is NOT an asshole..." I poured out my speech before both listeners looked at each other, seemingly communicating telepathically. I watched in amazement as they nodded at each other before looking back at me, their verdict made.