What is Your Name?

Mallory's POV.

I lay in my bed and stared at the ceiling as I watched the shadows drift across it. I could hear the birds tweet their sweet songs outside, my balcony doors open to allow the breeze into my room as I attempted to relax. The issue with relaxing recently is my mind always wonders to the video store, David walking in as the three others followed, then the life-changing moment when I felt the world melt away around me as David smiled, his hard exterior seeming to crumble as I felt like I was glowing with the happiness of even being noticed by the blond male. I placed my hand on my bare stomach as I felt the warmth contrast from my cold hands before I began to trail my fingers delicately over my soft skin trying to get my brain to focus on real life but it seemed incapable. The same one thousand thoughts ran through my brain once again as different scenarios of meeting David played over again and again before I closed my eyes, squeezing my eyelids together as I tried to get the thoughts of him out of my head but it seemed impossible. He haunted my conscious and subconscious mind constantly to the point it felt like torture.

I rolled over in my bed as I planted my face firmly into my pillows groaning into them as I begged my brain to stop before I turned my head to my left bedside unit, noticing my alarm clock above it, the time reading 02:28pm. "Fuck" I sighed before throwing my body over once more, my feet hitting the floor as I sprung up to stand, the mirror on the wall facing me as I cringed at my reflection. My hair sat in a high ponytail, the skin surrounding my eyes darker than usual, a cropped t-shirt covering my bust barely as my under-boob peaked out, my stomach covered in goosebumps from the tickling sensation I caused earlier, my cotton jogging bottoms hanging loosely from my hips, one leg stopping under my knee and the other sitting at my ankle. "Oh wow, David would fucking love this" I snapped at my reflection as I shook my head, the self-loathing creeping into my brain once more as I realised the man I was fantasising over every hour of every day was most definitely out of my league.

I started my descent down the stairs as I noticed Anakin at the bottom, he wagged his tail manically causing a small smile to pop onto my face as I greeted the little guy. "Where is your human?" I asked in a baby voice which caused Anakin to run at the speed of light to the kitchen while I followed behind, rubbing my eyes to try and hide the tiredness that was possessing me, not wanting my sister to know my sleep was lacking due to thoughts of a bad boy plaguing my brain. I finally appeared in the doorway to the kitchen moments behind the small poodle, I stopped in my tracks before leaning on the cold wooden surround of the doorway, watching my sister as she sat on one kitchen chair, her feet propped up on another as a book was held open in her hands, her eyes scanning the pages ferociously as she read the script, her brow knitting together as she began to whisper to herself causing me to laugh.

"Are you doing okay there, Einstein?" I asked as she flinched at the sound of my voice before her eyes looked over her book, landing on me as she instantly rolled them. "Firstly, this is not a physics book so nothing like Einstein, smartass. Secondly, it is nearly 3 pm, I was thinking about calling the morgue and telling them to collect you as soon as they can. Thirdly, now that I have actually seen you I am realising I need to call the news as a real-life zombie is in the kitchen doorway" I watched as a smirk appeared on my sister's face as I lifted my hand, flipping her off as she finally dropped her book, returning the gesture. "You are not funny" I sighed before walking to the fridge, praying Violet had made lemonade earlier so I could steal a cold glass of the liquid nectar. "Also, you need to get a new set of clothes to sleep in. I am always scared I am going to get scarred for life if your titties pop out" Violet's voice boomed from behind me as I rolled my eyes, a small smirk on my face as I replied "I pierced these bad boys myself years ago, if they pop out you are just seeing what people would pay great money to see" before Violet made a retching noise causing me to laugh.