Bonding Time

Mallory's POV.

I lay in my bed as I stared at the sunlit ceiling, wondering how I was going to tell Connor and Violet about our guests without being ridiculed. Then the memories of the night before began to flood back into my memory and shockingly it was not memories of David on the beach nor him driving me home as I held onto him tightly. It was a memory from when I had made my way into the house. I crept up the stairs, not wanting Connor or Violet to know I had gotten home at 5 am. Yet it failed. It failed in the best way possible. I stopped dead in my tracks as my eyes widened, watching silently as both of them walked out of the bathroom giggling. Connor held onto Violet's waist, as he leaned down and whispered into her ear, his chin resting on her shoulder, both of them grinning. I instantly knew what they had been doing. The after-sex clean-up often looked like this but it was the first time I had witnessed my sister and her boyfriend in the act. I cleared my throat as the two instantly stood straight, their smiles gone as they stared at me with wide eyes. I smirked before giving them a knowing nod, walking to my room and unlocking the door before I walked in shutting the door swiftly behind me. There was no way they could comment on me after what I witnessed.

I got dressed excitedly, pulling on the closest pair of black custom ripped jeans with cuffed bottoms and a crimson red off-the-shoulder long-sleeved top which had a sweetheart neckline as I tucked it in swiftly, fresh underwear underneath and black cotton socks on my feet. I pulled my hair into a high ponytail before leaving my room, darting down the stars and sprinting into the living room with a smug smile as I noticed neither Connor nor Violet were there. I scanned the room before noticing Connor in the kitchen as he leaned against the counter. He held a croissant in his hand as he picked at the item before looking at the other side of the room, confirming Violet was with him. I watched him carefully while I slowly approached the doorway, knowing he looked worried and I did not want to add to that today.

"What is wrong with you, Con?" I asked as the male almost leapt from his skin as his blue eyes scanned me before he looked at my sister with urgency in his eyes. "I-I need to talk to you" he stuttered as I leaned on the wooden doorframe, Connor now walking towards me slightly, the croissant still in his hand as I noticed the small areas he had picked at. That worried me more than any of his body language. I had seen the man eat a croissant in three bites before, he would never pick at one, especially not if Violet had made him it. "Continue" I demanded as I felt panic set within my core. I glanced at my sister who was staring at the wooden table in front of her. Her arms rested upon it as she picked at the skin surrounding her nails, not daring to make eye contact with me. I looked back at the male who looked like a deer caught in headlights.

"Can someone PLEASE just fucking speak?!" I semi-yelled as my nerves were getting on top of me. "Well, last night..." Connor started to explain as I held my hand up, instantly stopping him. "This whole dramatic act isn't because I caught you two after the clean-up process is it?" I questioned, narrowing my eyes before looking between the both of them as both seemed tainted by a pink blush causing me to let out a small chuckle. "I don't give a fuck if you two had sex! You are grown-ups and have been together for a long time. I am-" "Mallory, don't say any more. How about we act like we didn't see you come in late after being with your little boyfriend and you act like you didn't see us?" Violet started to bargain, interrupting my talk of her sex life which I know was making her cringe. She was very prude compared to me. "I have one better! How about from now on we have a nod that we share? One that suggests "If you didn't see this then I didn't see this"? I think that would work well..." I laid my cards on the table while slowly nodding, raising my eyebrow as the two spoke telepathically before nodding in agreement as I felt relief.

"Glad we are all on the same page. You can both stop screaming internally over breaking in Violet's new mattress now" I said jokingly before sitting at the table diagonally across from my sister, allowing Connor to be the one facing her. "How was your night?" Connor asked as he took the chair next to me, taking a full bite of his croissant as I let out a single light laugh. "It was okay" I replied, looking down at my hand as I noticed the cut from the shell. A deep red scab coated it now, an irritated redness surrounding it as I wanted to do nothing more than push on it to see if it would ooze blood. "Did you fall?" Violet asked as I opened my mouth to reply but I was cut off. "Only for David and his prison charm" Connor mimicked my voice as he spoke before the laugh he was struggling to contain won, Violet following suit as she fell into hysterics. Blush crept upon my cheeks as I looked around the room, trying to ignore the two idiots laughing but it seemed like it wasn't going to stop anytime soon as Violet added "No, then her knees would be scraped and her jaw would be too sore for her to be a smartass"