Chapter 1; Akamaru Beach

Rin's tail swayed behind him lazily as he walked through the village. His pet jellyfish floated beside his head with one of her longer tentacles wrapped around a lock of his hair. Jellie was a neon blue and black demonic jellyfish that his father gave him for his third birthday. Jellie would live as long as he did unless outside forces intervened. She usually floated next to Rin with one or more of her tentacles attached to him in some way.

Being demonic, Jellie had no need to be in water. She lived mostly out of water 'swimming' through the air. However, after being introduced to water, Jellie swells to ten times her original size, roughly the size of a small fishing boat. For her care, she required two cups of seawater a day for food and up to six hours of natural sunlight. It worked out perfectly because Rin loved the warm sunlight of her home and preferred to be outside and loved relaxing in the ocean for hours on end.

Rin lived in a mostly secluded town on a sunny, sandy beach created by his father. Akamaru Beach was a safe haven for demon-human couples and their Nephilim children. Rin went to school with the other children run by his father and some of the other parents. They were taught normal school subjects like math, human history, demon history, science, etc. They also got taught about their different heritages, demonology, how to control their demonic powers, and how to make a human disguise.

Rin knew his father was his older half brother, but he raised him, so he's his father. Egyn made sure he knew why he was in his care when he was ten. When he was old enough to understand. Besides, despite being three and a half feet tall, Egyn was an amazing father.

<~>

Rin was turning fifteen soon. His best friend Séan Burke was getting the letter of if he was accepted into a school or not, so Rin was headed to his home to either congratulate or play emotional support.

Rin - "Séan , I'm here!"

Rin let out a yawn as he heard the pounding of feet running through the house. The door was yanked open by a half siren, half human. Séan 's scales were shimmering a bright pink and light purple to show off his excitement. His opalescent eyes were practically glittering.

Séan - "RiRi! I got in! True Cross Academy accepted my application! Isn't that awesome?!"

Rin - "That's great Séan , but isn't True Cross that human exorcist school?"

Séan - "Part of it. Most of it is the highest acclaimed educational school in Japan! And I got in!"

Séan yanked Rin into a tight hug. Rin smiled back and pressed his forehead to Séan 's.

Rin - "When do you have to leave? Want me to help you pack?"

Séan - "True Cross is sending this year's class rep with the principal to personally welcome me!"

Rin - "But True Cross is a human school. How would humans know how to get here?"

Séan - "Yeah that's pretty sketch. Wanna get your Pa?"

Rin - "Yeah. Jellie, go to Dad and tell him we'll be having two unknown guests arriving from True Cross."

Jellie gave Rin a gentle zap from her tentacle and swam through the air until she vanished in a pop of water.

Rin - "Dad's still gonna be a few minutes. We should have our human disguises ready, just in case."

Rin's ears became shorter and more rounded, his slitted pupils also became circular, his tail wrapped around his leg and disappeared, his fangs shortened into normal human canines, the fires on his forehead (in lieu of horns) vanished, and his claws shortened.