Chapter 35

_ . _

Chapter 35

(A/N: SEMBREAK IS WAVING, EVERYONE! HAVE A GOOD SUMMER! FYI, never tan your pu$$y; it might get irritated.)

'Birdie, Birdie, why is your wing clipped?'

In a strange dimension lies a small pavilion that is connected to a lotus pond. A beautiful and fragile-looking boy is sitting on an elevated stone near the pond, dipping his slightly trembling hand into the warm, pristine water and humming softly as he sings a song.

'Will you still fly if there is tomorrow?'

'Little bird, put on a smile...'

The frail-looking boy lying on the elevated stone was Eros. He had his head facing downward with his hand soaked in the lotus pond. He hummed softly, closed his eyes, and heaved a heavy breath. Even though he had pitch-black vision, he could still see the vivid images of his brothers' unsightly deeds, putting a heavy feeling in his chest, as if he were slowly suffocating.

'Smile, smile, then maybe you'll fly...'

Eros stared blankly at the artificial clouds of the dimension, whispering to himself, "Strangely enough, I should feel caged. This doesn't differ from how I was locked up in Mother's Temple."

He gazed around, fixated on the sounds of the surrounding landscape: the unusual breeze caressing his ivory skin, the soft bubbling sound of the water as the fish in the lotus pond swam to the surface. The dimension had an air of ethereality mixed with vividness. Even if he's aware that everything he's seeing is an illusion, he can't help but think that everything is real. It was a great concentration of magic and a profound technique for casting it. Eros was astounded every time he thought about it. Just how did Lord Samael get this kind of dimension?

'Little bird, put on a smile...'

"What sweet singing. It makes me want to tarry just a bit." Eros abruptly opened his eyes as soon as he heard a baritone voice speaking on top of him. 

As he turned his head, he noticed a man crouched down beside him, wearing a smile. The man's eyes were a deep shade of red and appeared to be sharp, while his nose was slick and pointed. His thin lips were wide and lustrous, and his face exuded pure masculinity with a hint of darkness. This was in contrast to Eros' father, who always seemed feminine and fragile, no matter what he did.

Eros immediately stood up, pushing the man away from him. He looked at the man with a gaze mixed with fear and suspicion, gathering up his courage to let his trembling mouth speak: "Who are you? You shouldn't be here."

The man stood up slowly, brushing the dust off his black chiton with a hint of blood red. His upper garment was slightly revealing, which made Eros feel uncomfortable. The man smiled at Eros and said, "That's rude, Prince Eros." He then smirked and grinned while pulling out a key made of clamshell. Eros immediately realized that this was the key to entering the dimension, and the man had it. "Lord Samael gave this to me," said the man. 

Hearing Samael's name, Eros calmed down a bit, but his suspicion lingered as he stared at the man. "Your name?"

"It's Marcellus, little prince," the man named Marcellus answered. He raised his hands in surrender and continued to speak, "Don't worry, I bear no harm to you. Lord Samael entrusted me to keep you safe."

Eros' suspicion gradually subsided; he loosened his tense body and smiled at Marcellus. "I see. Thank you for that, Mr. Marcellus."

"..."