Chapter II

──────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────────────

- Let go of every thought, let the core of your goodness fill you to its limit, let yourself be the greatest you can allow yourself to be in this moment. said the meditation and shining professor.
Everyone was sitting on the floor, crossed legs, hands on their knees and palms up, trying their best to express their goodness, hoping at least a spark would come out of their hands. Most of the students  had already known they could make fire, at least a red one, by this first exercise they were only testing how far brighter  and bigger could they go.
- Hey, look at my flame! Whispered Adonia, Stella’s childhood best friend had in the palm of her hand only a pretty dark red fire but nevertheless was it a big flame.
- That’s awesome! Answered Stella, then she tried to concentrate too, to feel her greatness and let it out.
Two bright light orange flames approximately the size of her hand, shone in her palms. Adonia gazed in awe at the fire and didn’t say anything.

Some students had dark orange, small red, big orange, but other than the professor's almost pure white light, Stella's was the brightest.  From there, each student got assigned their rank based on the color of their flames, Stella got assigned the rank of good, but the professor said she should be able to become great very soon, while Adonia got assigned the rank of neutral.
Those who didn’t show signs of any shining had no rank, they could either continue this class, or not, to become better. They were very few but they already knew that they were going to get left behind by the other students and that no one will trust them and their intentions. To everyone, they were vile.

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

After meditation class Stella went to the bathroom. When she was washing her hands she could catch glimpses of Adonia talking outside.
Another voice came in, one of Adonia’s new friends, she already made a few.
When Stella got out of the bathroom, the guy didn’t immediately go quiet but Adonia seemed to give him an insistent look before he shut his mouth.
- What were you guys talking about? asked Stella with curiosity. She couldn’t make out exactly what they were saying when she was washing her hands.
- Well- Started the guy that was talking with Adonia, but Adonia immediately stopped him.
- We were talking about where we were going to go eat. Do you want to try the canteen or should we go to a restaurant?
- I’m fine with going to the canteen, by the way I am Stella, what’s your name? She recalled the guy from their shining class.
The guy’s name was Jin, Stella guessed that he was now also her friend, but still she felt off about what they were talking about earlier. But she didn’t care much, if Adonia didn’t tell her, it was probably useless for her to know.

                                 ˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

After lunch they had history class and Jin seemed bummed about it. To be honest, Stella didn’t like it very much either, but mostly because most of the time, at least in her middle school, Komorinian were looked at as bad people because they didn’t have fire and she never really understood why it mattered so much. Anyway, she still  liked it when they were recalling events where Stars were doing their jobs of helping people.
- Don’t you guys think we should skip? Asked Jin.
- Are you really proposing to skip during the first day of  high school?? Interjected Stella.
- Yeah… I’m not tryna get suspended the first week or anything like that, Jin. Adonia followed.
- Okay, then… Said Jin as they entered class.

- Welcome class, to your first history class of highschool. Here you will be learning a bit more in detail how your home country became what you know of it today. Of course, throughout middle school you already learned the basics of how it came to be, but now that you are in the most prestigious Star-making school of Firesto and even of Stellaro, you will be able to know more than in any other high school. You will learn a lot about the Stars, their fight during the Fire War and how fire came to be our magic, but for now, please write your names on a piece of paper and put it on your table.

- To continue the introduction of this subject, I'd like you all to know that in this year’s class we’re gonna talk about the country’s conflicts but some parts will have to be cut out. So I’d rather you know it right now, and if you want to learn more about it, maybe, next year you could take extra history classes and you’ll learn everything in detail. You’ll just need to sign a Non-Disclosure-Agreement.
Stella raised her hand.
- Yes, do you have a question… mmh… Stella?
- Yes, sir, why do we have to wait next year and why do we need to sign a Non-Disclosure-Agreement to know more about our own history?
- Well, It is a touchy subject to talk about and the information and documents about it are very confidential. In the wrong hands information is very dangerous, it's in fact one of the strongest weapons. It is something that we’ve learned through history.
- Oh, okay.
- Do any of you have any more questions?... Okay, let’s start the real lesson then.

The rest of the hour and a half Mr.Kortney introduced what were gonna be the first chapters.

────────── ༺☆༻ ───────────