FIVE | 𝓘𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓿𝓲𝓮𝔀 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓒𝓪𝓮𝓼𝓪𝓻

•┈┈┈••✦ ♡ ✦••┈┈┈•

𝐀 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐫.

"Alana?" Finnick asks, his voice slightly muffled. "You ready?"

"Uh, just a minute!" I reply, trying to conceal the anxiety throbbing through my head and gurgling in the pit of my stomach.

I really wish I had Tigris right now. She'd know exactly the right words to push my confidence up sky-high.

Unfortunately, she's been stolen from me.

Some stylists are sent for interviews with major journalists close to the games, and of course, being the talented woman she is, Tigris is one of them.

She made my outfit, but this evening other people helped me into it and did my hair and makeup. They didn't utter a word the entire time I was getting ready.

The most awkward two hours of my entire life.

Thankfully, now they've all left. But that just leaves me here in the bathroom, anxious all over with Finnick waiting expectantly outside the door.

Sort of a lose-lose situation, don't you think?

As I stare in the full length mirror of the bathroom, the only thing I can recognise about myself are the emerald irises that have always been my most dominant feature. I weakly smile. At least one part of me hasn't been replaced.

The girl I observe is entrancing. Gorgeous. Nothing like me. And yet, it is me. It's my reflection.

I am the girl, woman, standing proudly and elegantly in a silk gown flowing gracefully to the ground. Every inch of the smooth fabric is encrusted with fabulous jewels. Its deep purple shade starkly contrasts with my warm skin, and the bodice hugs my figure tightly, defining my curves and slender waist. My femininity has never been more on display.

The neckline droops to just above my chest, exposing my entire collarbone which the stylists contoured to look even more prominent against my complexion.

Subtle eyeshadow is painted across my eyelids, combined with thick eyelashes making my gaze incredibly enchanting. My eyebrows are brushed smooth, cheekbones rich with rouge and my full lips stained with lipstick as dark as a ripened cherry.

The stylists had curled my hair, and now it's shorter, flowing to the base of my neck.

Furthermore, to offset my entire look, a headpiece made from the same deep purple jewels decorating my dress rests gently upon my forehead. It's heavy, yet it's utter elegance justifies that.

I've never felt so undisputedly beautiful.

Another knock at the door. "Alana?" Finnick asks again, this time a tinge of worry in his voice.

I don't answer. I'm not ready for anyone to see me like this. I haven't even registered this new appearance myself. But I can't stay in here forever. I sigh. "I'm...coming,"

Slowly, I make my way to the door. As I place my accessorized hand upon the handle, I take a deep breath. "Don't be...shocked," I mumble.

Finnick chuckles "I doubt it's that bad,"

"If you say so," I sigh, opening the door.

I keep my head low, avoiding Finnick's stare. Suddenly, he lifts up my chin with his hand, forcing me to give him eye contact. I feel my cheeks growing hot. "Y-you like it?" I stutter.