Chapter 6

Elena

I was sitting at the table with a cup of tea when suddenly I heard a knock on the door. With a confused look I walked to the door and opened it. It was Henry.

"Hey Elena, is Emma here?" He asked with a hopeful smile.

"No, sorry, she's at the Sheriff's office. She had a meeting with Graham" I told him. I could see his smile fade.

"Oh okay" he said with a disappointed look, and was about to leave. "Wait, if you need anything, maybe I can help you?"

His face lit up a bit. "I was gonna ask Emma if she wanted to walk with me to Archie's Office"

It took me a few seconds to understand, but then I remembered Emma telling me something about Henry having a shrink, Archie Hopper. "Well, I have nothing to do, I can walk with you if you'd like?" I offered. I saw Henry's smile again.

I grabbed my jacket and together we walked out of Granny's. As we walked I kept noticing that Henry was looking at me. Like he was trying to read something that was visible on my face. "What?" I frowned.

"How did you meet my mom?" He asked.

I was a bit taken by surprise when Henry asked me this big question. "Oh...Uhm...well that's a long story" I just told him.

"Than tell me the short version" he smiled. I could tell he was eager to hear more about his mom's past, but I knew it wasn't my place to talk about Emma's past.

"Henry, I know you have a lot of questions about your mom, but I'm not the person who can give you those answers" I explained to him.

Henry stopped walking and I could see he was upset. "My mom won't tell me anything. She's so secret and distant"

I kneeled down to his eye level. "I know. But that's just who Emma is. She has a hard time opening up to people, trust me. It took a long time before she finally opened up to me. She always thinks that the people she opens up to are gonna to leave her. It will maybe take some time, but she will come around, that's a promise"

Henry gave me a small smile. We continued walking and this time with a less awkward feeling in the air.

____________

After a ten minute walk we arrived at Archie's Office. I wanted to knock on the door but Henry stopped me. "Do you think I'm crazy, Elena?" He asked me.

I looked at him smiled. "Of course I don't think you're crazy. I don't believe anyone is truly crazy. Some people just believe in different things than others. For example, some people believe in God and some people don't. Having different believes is what makes us all special. So don't ever think you're crazy, okay?

He nodded his. I knocked on the door and heard footsteps approaching us. The door opened and Archie greeted us with a smile. "Good evening, Oh...Lena, was it?"

"Elena" I corrected him. "Just here to drop off Henry" I told him. Archie smiled and gestured Henry to come inside.

Henry stopped at the doorframe. "Will you wait for me?" He asked.

I was surprised. "Oh, sure, I'll just wait here outside." I said. Henry smiled and closed Archie's office door.

__________

Thirty minutes past by when finally the door opened again. Henry smiled when he saw me. "See you at our next session, Henry" said Archie and shook Henry's hand.