Chapter 1

30 years later

Elena

I heard the door open. Emma, my roommate was back from her date. She kicked out her shoes and headed to the stairs.

"Was it that bad?" I asked and let out a chuckle. "The worst. I really want to go to bed" she said and yawned.

"But I have a surprise for you, since today is your birthday" I smiled, hoping she would be excited.

"I thought we'd agreed not to celebrate it" said Emma. "No, that is was you agreed" I grabbed her arm and dragged her into the kitchen.

"El, I don't have ti-"

"Close your eyes" I said excited. Emma raised her eyebrow. "Just do it" I pleaded. She finally closed her eyes and I walked to the fridge.

I grabbed a cupcake and put it on a plate. I lighted the candle with a match and placed the cub cake in front of Emma. "Okay, you can open your eyes now" I said.

Emma opened her eyes. "Happy 28th birthday" I said and gave her a hug. She smiled "thanks El, that's really sweet of you"

I smiled back, "Go on, make a wish"

She closed her eyes and blew out the candle. "Now can I go to b-" we heard the doorbell ring.

We exchanged confused looks. "Did you invite someone?" Asked Emma. I shook my head and walked to the door.

I opened it and saw a little boy, probably around 10, standing in the hallway. "Uhm...hello?

"Are you Emma Swan?" Asked the boy. "Hold on a sec" I walked back inside. "Emma, it's for you"

We both walked back to the door. "Uh...can I help you?"

"Are you Emma Swan?" asked the boy again. "Yeah, who are you?" asked Emma.

"My name is Henry, I'm your son"

Henry slipped under my arm inside the appartement. "Woah, kid, kid" Emma walked after him. I closed the door and followed them. "I don't have a son. Where are your parents?" Asked Emma, still confused.

"Ten years ago, did you give a baby up for adaption? That was me" he said.

Emma was shocked, "Give me a minute" she walked to the bathroom.

I quickly ran after her. Emma leaned against the door and was panting. "Everything Okay" I asked concerned.

She said nothing. "Hey, you have any orange juice" we heard Henry. "Never mind, found some"

"Why didn't you tell me you had a son" I asked. I always thought we'd tell each other everything.

"I'm sorry, I just..just-"

"-You know what, it doesn't matter. I know this is very hard for you. I just wish you had told me"

"I know, and I'm sorry. I promise I will explain everything" she said and we both got out of the bathroom.

Henry sat at the kitchen table drinking some orange juice. "You know, we should probably get going" he said.

"Going where?" I asked. "I want you to go home with me" he said with a smile.

"Oké kid, I'm calling the cops" Emma said and walked to the phone. "Than I'll them you kidnapped me" He said.

"And they'll believe you because I'm your birth mother" she said, putting down the phone.

"Yep" he said.

I crossed my arms, "You're not gonna do that"

"Try me" he said, trying to challenge us.