Getting to know about him

Like always Shanaya and Ritik were talking to each other when he told her about his distant cousin Devansh. Devansh was son of Ritik's father's (Jairaj Singh) soul sister(Muh-Boli-Behen) and dear friend, Meenakshi and Virendra. He told her that Devansh was his distant cousin but like his blood brother who love him and his parents alot. They are very close and have been each other's support. Devansh being elder always help his father in business and himself has very big business along side his father's. And is also helping Ritik with his work. He said " yaar bhaiya ke saath na same dad waali feel aati hai. Jo hoga sambhal lega aur banda akela kaafi bhi hai" { Brother gives same feeling of dad, it seems whatever happens he'll handle. He alone is enough.}
He told her that Devansh is very strong, determinant and powerful. He doesn't listen to anyone and always focus on his work and family. It was his birthday so they are going to celebrate it together. He told her many stories related to Devansh and that how being with him makes them feel strong. Shanaya could only think about how can someone be this strong and felt a connection. He also told her that Devansh's elder brother along his family and son lives in Canada and handles their overseas work while he here handles India's work. Devansh stays with his mother while his father keeps travelling. He also told that Devansh's mom wants him to get married but he rejects all the proposals and even could not have strong relationship with any of the girls he started dating more than a month because of his cold behaviour or his too much inclination to work, or at times girls would tend to be gold diggers. He said " jisse dekho uske paise ke peeche hoti hai thode din baat kara fir wahi dekh ke samjh jaaye insaan interest kaha hai aur sab fake hai, use to bilkul simple ladki pasand hai, mujhse kaha tha usne 'tumlog ke pass jaisi hai partner waisi ho to samjhu warna door hi sahi.'"

After few months

It was Shanaya's birthday where she wanted to celebrate with Ritik but he could not make it later he told her that Devansh's mother had an heart attack on the very same day and he had to be in hospital.
On call:
S: Kaha ho aap? I'm waiting for. Yaar aaj birthday hai itne mushkil se time mila ho kidhar
R: Yaar main try kar raha nahi aa sakta but, abhi enjoy karo sham ko bataunga.
In evening
R: meri jaan(endearment for shanaya) baat samjho main nahi aa paaya main kaise bataun
S: Har time to kaam hi hota hai bata do aaj kaun sa kaam tha nahi aa paaye. Birthday tha still you were not there.
R: Kaam mein nahi tha! Badi maa ko heart attack aaya, Dev( endearment for Devansh)  bhaiya ki mom ko, I had to be there. Tum us time celebration mein thi main kya bolta tumhe.
Understanding situation Shanaya didn't reacted much and asked about everyone's well-being.
After almost a week Shanaya got to know that. Devansh's mother is no more. Ritik who called her Badi maa cried and told Shanaya about how kind, soft, and caring she was. He also told that at her last moments she made all the boys promise that they would stay together and Devansh would marry someone nice who his father approves and would settle. Ritik told that Devansh became unconscious hearing about his mother and was in terrible state.
R: "Yaar mere se nahi dekha jaa raha bhai aise, Vishal har time saath hai but wo continuous ro raha, how can someone see the strongest person crying like a baby. Uska to face bhi badla badla sa hai itna roya hai, khaata bhi nahi hai kuch."
Somewhere deep down listening this Shanaya wanted to be with Devansh. Wanted to comfort him and be there. But she shrugged off this thought thinking it was just because of sorrow.

Days passed Devansh's father and brother asked him to come with them abroad but he denied saying being in India he would be close to his mother. He decided to stay with his uncle(Ritik's father and his family) as he was more close to them.
He started living with them. Both shanaya and devansh would hear about each other from Ritik and had seen each other in pictures. Devansh was happy for Ritik that he had such an understanding and loving girl in his life. Even Ritik's parents considered Shanaya as their daughter and Vishal considered her as his sister. She also use to occasionally talk to them about general things. She even had few conversations to Devansh but it was always about his well-being that's it.
But whenever Shanaya use to see pictures of Devansh along with other family memes sent by Ritik she use to feel pain in his eyes but couldn't comprehend how to share it. She always deep down prayed that Devansh also gets someone in his life to share his pain like Shanaya and Ritik had each other, vishal had Vanshika and even other couples in the family had too kuch love between them. Devansh loved his father and brother but was not very much close and maintained a cordial relationship while was open and connected to Ritik's family.

Everything like this was going on in lives of Shanya and Ritik for more than a year when things took a turn.